Fixed - 1.1.0 Some books not working with French NWT EPUB

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Olivier, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Olivier

Olivier New Member

First, thanks a lot for the amazing work with this new app that will surely be really useful, especially with foreign language groups.

I added a few EPUBs from jw.org into the app and it works pretty well. However, there seems to be an issue with some books in the French NWT (bi12-F), namely Ezekiel, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Ephesians and Hebrews. Whenever I try to open a scripture from one of those books, it opens fine in other languages, but in French it displays the message "Could not locate the Bible chapter in the EPUB. Please report this issue." So here I am reportIng the issue! By the way I get the same error on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2, both on iOS 8.3. Below is a screenshot of the error on my phone.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this - I will fix it for the next update.

3. Hermanus van Doorn

Hermanus van Doorn New Member

Me also thanks for this nice app. I discovered the same problem as above when trying to open 1 Kings NWT in the swedish language. The audio files are working but no text.

4. iMatt

5. Alexandre

Alexandre New Member

I have same bug.

Is it possible to add note and references ?
    Equipd have theses. Equipe with NWT epub don't have :(

6. iMatt

Yes all users of the French NWT EPUB file will have the same issue @Alexandre.

You are asking if the newer Equipd Bible app supports Footnotes and Cross-references? Yes it does. It is not about the app - it is about whether or not the actual EPUB file itself has references and footnotes in it. This app is an EPUB reader - if the file does not contain these details, then the app cannot show them.

This question was already partially answered in another thread here.