Not Planned Epub supported? Gute Nachricht Bibel

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Baerwurzl, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Hy Matt

I really like to have a "Gute Nachricht"-Biblr in german in equiped.

I only find it to buy fe here: http://www.ebook.de/de/product/21743712/gute_nachricht_bibel.html
    There is also a epib to try, but this doesnt work with equipd-Bible.

Can you tell me if the Buy-epub will work or if there is a way to get it work?

Thank you very much
    Ben

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi Ben. It really depends on the ePub itself and how it is formatted internally. I would not be able to comment without opening and exploring the ePubs internal files sorry :(

3. iMatt

There is always a way to get it to work. At my end I am interested in supporting as many ePubs as possible. I am more interested in supporting a publisher of ePub files that uses the same conventions to generate all their ePub bibles. That way if I get one of their ePubs working then many of their ePubs will load.

One-off files that are completely different internally from anything else are not worth my investment in time. Instead individuals can explore themselves how to convert or generate that single file or Bible translation into an ePub that is compatible with the Equipd Bible.

Make sense?

4. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Absolutely!

Perhaps you can have a look in the epub above: There is "Leseprobe herunterladen" that gives us a try-epub. Perhabs this will tell you enough if it is much work?

5. iMatt

I downloaded the trial ePub. Unfortunately the internal file names and the conventions used in the HTML are a long way off being compatible sorry @Baerwurzl :(

6. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

No problem. Thank you very much for having a look into it!