The Old Equipd

Discussion in 'Technical Questions' started by DvD, Oct 29, 2021.

1. DvD

DvD Member

I know that the old Equipd in no longer supported but...........
    I still have the old Equipd installed on my iPhone and iPad. Equipd on my ipad works fine insofar as accessing the news feed and the NWT and other Bibles. However, I can no longer access the NWT on Equipd my iPhone - I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of time and tried to reinstall the epub but whilst the news feed works the Bible does not. I get this message pp up: aria-label="discover">.
    I was using Equipd on my iPhone to send scriptures to brothers and sisters and family via WhatsApp and messages but can no longer do so.
    Soooooo. I was wondering if that was it kaput as far as Equipd goes on my iPhone?
    Is the only solution to purchase another Equipd Bible app for the iPhone - I have on on my iPad but don't have WhatsApp installed on the iPad.
    Hope that makes sense. Thank you

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @DvD,

So the older Equipd will still load the Bible if you had already cached the files from WOL a long time ago before changes were made. These files are stored offline inside the app and are obviously still loading ok on your iPad, you must have downloaded the Bibles a long time ago, as in several years ago. But your iPhone is probably newer and when Equipd tries to download and cache the current version of the files from WOL they will either not be found, or when they load will throw errors like you are seeing.

Yes the only feature that is expected to still work in the older Equipd is indeed the News feed which is just using standard RSS.

This is all old news at this point to be honest, and not really a big deal as the newer "Equipd Bible" app replaced and supplanted the older "Equipd" features around the Bible a long time ago. When it comes to the Bible and supported features the newer app is far more powerful.

I don't quite understand why you mean by "purchase another Equipd Bible for the iPhone". Like most apps, if you purchase it on one device, it will work on the other. You don't need to purchase the same app multiple times. Yes the "Equipd Bible" app and the original "Equipd" are completely different apps. But if I am correct you have posted on these Bible app forums before? You must already own the "Equipd Bible" app? It is time to install it on your iPhone by the sounds of it ... well past due in fact!

I hope that makes sense.

3. DvD

DvD Member

Thank you Matt. It took me a little while to work out that the Equipd Bible which is installed on my iPad was purchased from a different iTunes account (I twigged when I couldn’t find the Equipd Bible under purchases on the iPad) and the reason it didn’t show up on my iPhone. I switched accounts and have now installed Equipd Bible on the iPhone and restored the latest iPad backup. I am going to to a much older Equipd backup and see if I can restore that on my iPhone - just because ……