Planned Tags

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Carlos, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Carlos

Carlos Member

I would love to see the implementation of tags. One verse can have zero, one or many tags associated with it. Also be able to filter scriptures by one or many tags.

Thanks for all your work with the application. It has proved to be very useful to me.

CD

2. Carlos

Carlos Member

Is this a possibility? This would be an extremely useful feature, powerful and doesn’t seem too hard to implement. Thank you for making this application available.

3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Definitely a possibility. Just struggling to find time but seems like a really good idea. Will change status to “planned” for one day :)

4. Carlos

Carlos Member

Hi Matt, I am still a user of this application and I love its simplicity and speed. The JW Library app is also getting better and better with time but there are some features in Equipd Bible that I still find very appealing. The fact that you can insert references in your notes to other scriptures using () or use some basic markdown in your notes are extremely useful to me. Thank you for implementing that. I am missing other features that would be a great addition such as Tags and be able to search for multiple tags at the same time and order search results (JW Library has tags but you can only select one at a time to filter and you can't change the order in which the notes appear). Other features that I miss is the ability to search (in your notes). Somehow this is already available but you have to know which book your note is in. One last feature is bookmarks at the verse level.

I know that you are probably very busy and I appreciate what you have done so far. I am a programmer and I wish I could help with this project... do you have a roadmap for future improvements of the kind mentioned?

5. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Carlos thanks for your detailed feedback. Development since COVID has been minimal and I am just getting up momentum again now. For multiple reasons it is a closed source app. I am by no means finished with the app, in fact have quite a few features planned, and some new features will be coming with the next update. Tags are an interesting one - so far most users are very happy with the power of being able to group Bookmarked scriptures by Topic and the ability to add notes to the Bookmarked scripture and sort the bookmarks has worked very well for the current user base. The main thing missing, as you mentioned, is the ability to search across all of the the Bookmarks and Notes. However Tags are still a feature I would like to implement, it is just not as high on my list as other features to work on, such as the automatic backup and sync of bookmarks between devices etc. I tend to keep my plans pretty low-key as I don't want to create expectations - "under promise and over deliver" is a principle I like to live by :)

Hope that helps somehow.

6. Carlos

Carlos Member

@iMatt Thank you for your quick response. I completely understand... It's been a weird couple of years all together. But what can one expect in this system? I am using the Bookmarks as they exist in the application and I appreciate having that feature. As a matter of fact, the Bookmarks here work just like the tags in JW Library. In JW Library you can add multiple tags to one scripture, but can only filter using one at a time. In Equipd you do the opposite, add the same scripture to multiple Topics. Still, it could be a lot more powerful... but I will take what I can get and use it to the fullest ;-).

With that said, as long as there is a function to search through all the notes, someone could just create their own tags within the text of their notes to make it easy to locate them later.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Last edited: May 9, 2022