Starting Point for Creating my Own Reading Schedule

Discussion in 'Technical Questions' started by dchan, Aug 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. dchan

dchan New Member

Hi! I've found that while very useful, the read-the-Bible-in-one-year schedule moves too quickly for me. I want to create my own schedule for reading the Bible in 2 years, but need a starting point.

I understand that the schedules are merely json files. If I were able to download the one-year json file, I could then edit it to make it two years, no? Unfortunately I am not seeing where I can download the one-year plan on your app or on this forum.

I see in the 'contributed schedules' section Day text and Memorial reading schedules which I could edit, but they're both for specific dates, etc. I'd really like a copy of the one-year json file that I can use as my starting point to making my two-year plan.

Is it possible for you to post it? Or send it to me directly?

Thank you!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by iMatt, Aug 27, 2018
  3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hi @dchan!

I am glad to hear that the app is proving useful.

Here is a copy of the JSON files for all of the schedules included with the Equipd Bible app :)

A couple of things to take note of:
    1. The "uid" = the file name
    2. You will be wanting to use "type" = "daily" and "progression" = "sequential"
    All the best!

Matthew

Attached Files:

4. Ken

Ken New Member

Good afternoon @iMatt !
    I am using Airtable to help with making schedules and adding Header information. I created a chronological schedule that I hope to improve with more details over time.

I ran the schedule through a json test and it came back good. The uid & filename match, and when I create a zip file, I add the -schedule to the end of the name (before the .zip extension). I also compared my schedule to the ones you posted for us to use as examples.

There still seems to be an error. I can install the schedule, but I am not able to delete it. Nor am I able to change the 'Start Date'. Hopefully I am just missing something simple. I know everyone is busy, but any help you could provide would be wonderful.

I renamed the attached file from .json to .txt so that I could upload it. I also included an snippet of the Airtable project.

Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

5. Ken

Ken New Member

Good afternoon!

I was curious if anyone had a chance to see what might be wrong with the schedule I uploaded. Of course, I know everyone is very busy. My apologies if I posted in the wrong thread (I just realized this thread is categorized as ‘Answered’ ). Thank you!

6. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Ken sorry for not replying sooner. Let me push out my next update to ServicePlanner and then I will have look into this for you as well as some other improvements to the Bible app.

7. Ken

Ken New Member

@iMatt
    Thank you so much! I love Service Planner. I’m looking forward to the updates