Fixed - 1.1.2 Ezekiel Ch 39

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DvD, Jul 10, 2015.

1. DvD

DvD Member

i have been making notes about Gog and Magog in Ezekiel Ch 39 verse 12. Firstly, the verse was not highlighted. Secondly, I can no longer open up any verses in Ch 39. I have restarted my iPad but does not fix the problem. Thank you

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Could you send me your backup? In Admin > Settings > Backup Settings click the button to "Backup My Files Now" and send the email to matthew at equipd.me.

I will then hopefully be able to locate the issue you are having...

3. DvD

DvD Member

On it's way, thank you

4. iMatt

Got it. I will have a look tomorrow and see what I can find. Thanks for sending the file through.

5. iMatt

Hi @DvD,

I found the issue you are having - it is related to the content copied from WOL. It seems for Ezekial 39:11 you created a note and pasted a very large amount of text into the note from WOL - i.e. most of the article. This copied text included a lot of quotation marks (“quoted text”).

Because of the functionality where the Equipd Bible tries to create links inside the verse for quoted text, the code was getting a bit confused with the content you had copied in from WOL.

I have improved the code to work around this issue. But it will not obviously apply until the next update.

In the meantime - if you are creating new notes, maybe just copy smaller chunks of code from WOL, and to be extra safe you could strip out any “quotes” you see in the copied text, unless you actually do want to have these words quoted.

In case you do now know about this feature for creating links inside notes:
    http://www.equipd.me/forums/threads/create-links-inside-verse-notes.47/

As mentioned - this will no longer be an issue after the next update, and the app will handle such large blocks of text with quotes from WOL no problem.