Planned Ability to create Sub-categories in Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Craig Cochrane, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Craig Cochrane

Craig Cochrane New Member

Hi Matt, would it be possible to have the ability to create sub categories in book marks? For example a bookmark for shepherding then sub categories for different situations you shepherd.

2. gene

gene New Member

I like this idea

3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

You beat me to it. I will remove the other thread I created for this :)

4. KK Loh

KK Loh New Member

Subcategories would definitely be necessary when the number of bookmarks increases. It would be wonderful if there is also a search function for Subcategory names.

5. iMatt

Wow I am really curious about how many categories people are going to create. Obviously way more than I anticipated! I will think about the search feature when I develop the subcategories. The search would be a pretty basic search of the rows in the current list.

6. KK Loh

KK Loh New Member

Yes, a basic search of main and sub category names would suffice. When sortable subcategory function is implemented, the following structure will typically be in bookmarks, eg.
    God
    Listen to prayers
    .....verses​
    Name
    .....verses​
    etc...

So when the case insensitive search of "god prayer" is keyed in, "Listen to prayers" subcategory and other subcategories meeting the search criteria should be filtered in.

7. iMatt

I was aiming to use the iOS level filtering available in tables/lists. Which means that you would need to be inside the category "God" in order to search for "prayer". i.e. it is a quick filter for just the table you are looking at. I can look at a more advanced search, but that is what I meant when I said it would be a "pretty basic search of the rows in the current list".