Fixed for Next Update V14.1 Jw Lib update Pinyin scripture links not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Eva, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Eva

Eva New Member

The jw library app v 14.1 finally allows you to see Pinyin when available. Pinyin is available in the App for the meeting information and other selected publications but the Chinese Bible is not currently available in pinyin.

I want to copy a scripture in the Chinese pinyin Watchtower then open equipd to see the scripture there.

If I use the Jw library English watchtower, this feature still works, but it is no longer working using Chinese and doesn’t work in Chinese pinyin watchtower.

Could you please supply an updated that allows this copy scripture feature to work using the jw library pinyin watchtower.

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Eva. Can you explain to me how you are copying the scripture from JW Library so that you can detect it in Equipd? Are you selecting text either side of the scripture or using another technique? It is not that easy to do anymore, not on iOS anyway...

3. Eva

Eva New Member

I have open the Watchtower study issue in Chinese pinyin. I copy the citied scripture and a few words around it in the Watchtower study article, then open Equipd. Equipd says that “Equipd Bible” would like to open a scripture pasted from “jw library” which I allow then ‘ open the scripture’.

This feature is still working and opening the correct scripture using the English Watchtower. But no scripture will open if using the jw library pinyin watchtower

4. Eva

Eva New Member

Has anyone been able to get this functionality to work in Chinese simplified pinyin?

5. iMatt

Hi Eva, the problem is that when you copy the scripture from JW Library the copied text looks like variances of this:
    。(提摩太后书(Tímótài Hòushū)4:7,8)

Whereas before you would have been doing a lookup for just characters like this:
    提摩太后书4:7,8

The clipboard lookup feature is not trained for such a mix of characters and pinyin etc.

However ... I am making some improvements, and will be releasing an update soon that hopefully will help with most lookups. If you hit any issues in the new v4.1.0 coming out soon (within the week), the best thing to do would be to paste the output from JW Library straight into this thread so I have specific examples / strings to work with.

I hope that all makes sense. Thanks for your patience.

6. Eva

Eva New Member

After the update

希伯来书(Xībóláishū)12:1

(提摩太后书(Tímótài Hòushū)2:5)

Copied out of WT, but still not opening in Equipd.

English is working
    2 Tim. 2:5)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  7. iMatt

Hi Eva,

You need to specify the language being used for the clipboard lookups. Can you clarify in the app Settings > Bible Settings > Detect Scriptures in Clipboard > what language do you have selected in here?

I have Chinese Simplified selected, I just copied from your message above, and both of those scriptures looked up fine for me, so I need to figure out what is different.

iPhone Clipboard Settings.jpeg

8. Eva

Eva New Member

Made the changes thanks it works now!

9. iMatt

That's great news @Eva - thanks for letting me know.