Technical Introducing the Equipd Bible URL Scheme

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by iMatt, Jun 27, 2015.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

I have made a start on documenting the URL Scheme for the Equipd Bible app. Equipd supports the x-callback-url standard, as well as a more basic URL scheme.

Because of the complexity of this Knowledge Base article, please find the content here: http://www.equipd.me/kb/url-scheme/

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  2. Jonathan Markevich

Jonathan Markevich New Member

I created an Editorial workflow to grab the current line (where I entered a scripture) and look it up in the old Equipd. It made for remarkable notetaking at the convention! The x-callback is going to be better yet.

Is there any likelihood of adding copy (and return) actions? So with one click I can automate the process even more? Just an idea.

3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

@Jonathan Markevich thanks for the feedback. I can look into it - I would need to experiment a bit to get that working, as that is different from just lookup up the scripture, it is automating actions after the lookup has completed.

I have a request for you :) Would you be able to tell us more about your Editorial workflow? I just created a new Forum called Tips & Tricks - it would be great if you could tell us more about what you are doing there. I can then use that information to imitate and test the workflow you are referring to.

4. Jonathan Markevich

Watch for my post! :)

5. CrispyB

CrispyB New Member

Drafts would also allow something like this, but I have been wanting to get Editorial.
    Currently I double tap, then move to equipd, look up scripture, copy to clipboard (which I absolutely love), then switch back to note app and paste, works great.
    Keeps me from having to type the scripture out ;)

6. Jonathan Markevich

Drafts is also awesome. I think editorial is a bit stronger on general text manipulation... I couldn't figure out how to get Drafts to select the current line, for example. Once it's selected, you can use the [[selected]] tag of course, and then do the space removal process, etc. I just found selecting the scripture was a bit fiddly (I usually type it with spaces, if I just want to leave it as is, it still looks tidy) so I wrote the workflow.

Another little shortcut is in Editorial there's a default snippet "ppp" that pastes the clipboard, I created a second one (sss) that inserts > and then the clipboard contents, which creates a block quote for the scripture.

Markdown is fantastic for quick and good looking notes!

7. CrispyB

CrispyB New Member

Hi Jonathan,
    Since I also enjoy using equipd this way I wanted to check on your current workflow. I use 1Writer a lot but still haven't built this specific workflow.
    Currently I am trying to build a callback to one of my bookmarks in equipd. Just started searching the forum to see if it is possible.

8. Jonathan Markevich

I haven't used my iPad lately for text notes because of an issue I'm having with the onscreen keyboard... when I type a comma and then a space, it somehow goes into "selection mode" and grabs anywhere from a word to a sentence. I've overtyped lots of stuff when trying to keep up... I've switched to using Notes Plus and just use digital ink (which converts to text).

I should really try a third-party keyboard, but I haven't found one that I really like.

I am intrigued by 1Writer, especially since I like Javascript a lot... and dislike Python a lot :) I'm pretty sure it's possible, you can do regular expressions in Javascript without too much effort.

9. Jonathan Markevich

Hi there, I was just curious if you found a solution for 1Writer. My nephew and I put something together for his sister's 1Writer, I think it's been working ok (I'll have to ask). One thing I noticed is that it has to be run more than once to work, but that may have been fixed by now.

@iMatt, I was wondering if you were going to expand this at all to include searching via URL? It would be great to select a phrase of the scripture we didn't quite catch and have it run a search...