Clipboard lookups not working in splitview

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Marvin, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Marvin

Marvin New Member

I noticed that the clipboard isn't read in splitview.
    When I copy a scripture, it will not load, until I actively change something to the window size. Than it looks at the clipboard.
    Normally I change between apps, and the clipboard will be read, but this aperantly doesn't work in splitview.

Is this true? And if so, can this be fixed?

Greetz

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by iMatt, Apr 10, 2016
  3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Marvin,

I don't quite follow sorry. I just tested the following workflow:
    1. I opened up the Notes app on the left, and the Equipd Bible on the right.
    2. I pressed the copy button above the verses - the button between the search button and the "-" button that decreases the font size. This is in the side-by-side view with multiple bibles open.
    3. I placed the cursor back in the Notes app and pressed the black "Paste" option from the popup menu. The scripture pasted just fine.
    What is the workflow you are using? And when you say "copy a scripture" are you using the offical copy buttons in the app, or are you manually selecting text and then the "Copy" option from the black popup menu?

If you can give me more details I will try and narrow down the issue.

4. Marvin

Marvin New Member

I understand the confusion.

What I mean is that I copy a scripture from an pdf file (Gen 2:1 for instance), to look it up in Equipd. Mostly Equipd then reads the clipboard, and suggest to look up the scripture. This pop up does not appear in split view.

• Informative x 1
    • List
  5. iMatt

Best Answer
    Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying.

The "trigger" for the clipboard lookup feature is when you resume using the Equipd Bible app from the background. Because it is already open in the split view the trigger may not ever be "triggered" if that makes sense.

It may be that you need to trigger something in Equipd Bible to say "hey I am actually using the Equipd Bible again". For example after copying the scripture to the clipboard, then maybe grab the separator in the middle between then apps and drag it around and let go - this should send a "resume" message to Equipd. For the sake of testing maybe try this.

I will think about a larger solution to this challenge.

6. Marvin

Marvin New Member

That's true, that's how I do it right now, but sometimes the splitview moves to far, and disappears. That's my fault off course hahaha.
    But it's a messy workaround. Perhaps there's a solution. I hope you can think of something. Would be nice.
    Thanks for all your effort.

Greetz

7. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Hy

i just noticed the funktion to read the clipboard.
    Sadly equipd Bible doenst understand the jw library urls.... fe i tap long on a scripture-link in jw library and the link "jwpub://b/NWT/18:26:7-18:26:7" is copied to the clipboard.
    is it possible that equipd wil learn to understand the link, too?

8. iMatt

I guess this is a remote possibility but I don't have any plans around this for now. Maybe type that idea up as a new feature request?

9. iMatt

@Marvin I can confirm that in the next update you will be able to manually trigger Clipboard Lookups - which works around the issues described above.

You can read about the fix, and view screenshots, here:
    http://www.equipd.me/forums/threads/manually-trigger-clipboard-lookups.229/

10. Marvin

Marvin New Member

Wow. This will make it easy to work with. I will look forward to the update.
    Thanks for your effort.

Greetz

• I'm Happy x 1
    • List