Not a Bug Tapping to switch chapter

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dolly, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Dolly

Dolly New Member

Maybe I'm not doing it right, but the tapping features aren't working for me. I can get the picker to work with the double tap, but I did have to close the app (completely by sliding it up and away) for the feature to initialize.

However, I have not had any success with the chapter view triple tap. I have used one finger, two fingers, etc, with no results. I have had one verse displayed and multiple verses displayed.

Any suggestions?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by iMatt, Jul 21, 2015
  3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hi Dolly,

I am a bit lost on why you would be experiencing an issue here. Did you try asking another user of the app to show you how they do it?

Let us make sure we are talking about the same thing:

1) Yes it is possible that you might have had to restart the app in order to initialise the double-tap to show the Bible Picker. So I am assuming at this stage that this feature is working fine for you?

2) The chapter view triple tap. So I assume you have turned this on inside the Admin > Settings > Bible Settings? Otherwise it defaults to Double-tap.

- This is using a single finger.

- It only happens inside the Chapter Window. Are you in there? So when you are looking at the multiple bibles side-by-side, you tap on the "Chapter" button on the top/right of one of the sections of verses for a specific Bible, and then inside that Chapter window, you can triple-tap on the right or left side of the screen to switch between Bible versions.

Please confirm for me that you are actually inside the Chapter window, and have turned this feature on, before we zoom in any further...

4. Dolly

Dolly New Member

Thank you for your reply. I totally misunderstood how that works. I thought that triple tapping the verse in the side by side or single view would bring up the chapter. I followed your very clear instructions and the feature worked exactly as you explained.

Thank you for your hard work and your patient assistance.

5. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

No problem @Dolly! All the best with the app.