Closed Offline audio files not playing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Simbal, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Simbal

Simbal New Member

Hi Matt. Great app!!
    Having trouble with the audio though on both iphone and iPad, both English and Chinese. I have loaded the mp3 files as instructed,and they show up as associated with the relevant bibles. When I go to play the audio, the grey bar appears at the bottom of the screen. However it remains grey. The progress bar does not appear, and the file doesn't play.
    If I try to play a file for a book whose mp3 file has not been loaded out quickly tells me no file has been located.
    So the app definitely knows the mp3 files are present, but seems to have trouble playing them.
    Am I doing something incorrectly?

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Can we zoom in on a specific book and set of files to resolve this? What is the name of the epub you are trying to play audio for? And can you send me the link to the mp3 files you downloaded and installed. Then I can try to replicate the exact scenario. And if you go into the epub settings and then the audio to list the MP3 files please attach a screenshot so I can verify it looks correct.

3. iMatt

@Simbal for example are we talking about the bi12_CHS.epub file here? And the related MP3 files available on JW.org?

I just did a test with these exact files on my iPhone and they played perfectly.

Please let me know your device and iOS version. And also verify that you installed MP3 files and not AAC.

Thanks @Simbal - at this stage I cannot do much more until I get more specific details to work with...

4. iMatt

After interacting with @Simbal directly, and trying a few different things, I could not replicate this issue. Which makes it hard for me to try and "fix" it.

In the end he deleted the app and reinstalled and the issue was resolved.

We are not sure what went wrong, but assume that a downloaded file was corrupted somewhere. It is alarming the number of reports I am getting of downloads in Mobile Safari (particularly from JW.org) not being "complete" or being 0 bytes in size or similar. Not sure if it is Mobile Safari or JW.org, or the combination of both, that is the issue. Something to watch for, and for me to try and code around...