Notes aren’t restored in Backup

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TZP3157, Nov 20, 2021.

1. TZP3157

TZP3157 New Member

Hi there!

I have a LOT of notes in my Equipd Bible. I switched devices and restored the backup. All bookmarks came over, but no notes!! I’m going a little crazy because I have so many good ones I’ve taken over the years. I downloaded the same nwt EPUBs (E, S). They don’t show. I thought maybe it would take time to appear. It’s been a couple of days now. Please help!!

Thanks!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by iMatt, Nov 21, 2021
  3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi so sorry to hear this did not work straight away. Are you able to send a copy of your backup email to support@equipd.me? I can then verify that your notes are there, and check the exact names of the EPUB files they were linked to etc.

4. iMatt

Sorry for the late reply. I just found your email in my Spam folder. I can confirm that your Notes are all intact, and I just tested a restore and it worked fine. Can I check a few things.
    1. After you did the restore, did you restart the app?
    2. If you go into the book icon in the top toolbar, and then switch to the Notes tab, do your notes show in there?
    3. Are you able to check if you installed the English NWT and the EPUB that was installed was called "nwt_E"?
    Feel free to send me any screenshots or ask for clarification if anything I have listed above does not make sense...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  5. iMatt

Best Answer
    For others who hit this problem, the issue was the third point listed in the previous comment. The installed Bible file was "nwt_E 2.epub" instead of "nwt_E.epub".

To explain further, notes are linked to a specific Bible, which allows you to have different notes for a different version or translation. The installed Bible file must match exactly the name it was when then notes were taken. You can also transfer notes between Bibles if needed.

The screenshot below shows where you can check the name of the installed Bible. Hope that makes sense.

Bible EPUB file name.jpeg