Fixed - 1.1.0 Invalid Files: No Warning/Stuck In Inbox, etc.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mo., Jun 27, 2015.

1. Mo.

Mo. New Member

Download a file, only got half way, stopped, didn't realize, imported into Equipd.
    - Received no warning.

Subsequent opening of Equipd resulted in continued attempts to "import" said file, to no avail; further preventing the importing of other files, as Equipd imports files in order of import, failed with the invalid file, later files were stuck waiting in line.

Had to use iFile, navigate to Equipd's inbox and delete the bad file.

Bad (-or- invalid) files really mess up the import scheme in Equipd, but there are no notifications or ways to fix it at the moment, unless you know how to get into the apps inbox and sort things out yourself.

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi Mo - thanks for reporting this. Do you know why the file got stuck? Are you able to send me the EPUB or link me to it so I can look into it?

Maybe I need to create an option in Admin to "Clear the Inbox" of all incoming files. Thoughts?

3. Mo.

Mo. New Member

Mobile Safari only downloaded half of the file, but it ended like it had been fully downloaded.

Clear inbox is good.

Equipd should definitely be able to detect whether the file is a valid epub or not, and automatically dismiss invalid files with a prompt/warning.

4. iMatt

Ah that is definitely interesting. I will see if I can handle such a scenario. Thanks @Mo.

5. iMatt

I have implemented an option in iOS Settings that allows the user to "Clear Incoming Files". This will remove ALL incoming files.

So basically if something goes wrong, and a file is "stuck" while being imported, then the user can force close Equipd, go into iOS Settings > Equipd, and toggle the "Clear Incoming Files" option.

Then next time Equipd is opened, all the incoming files will be removed before the import begins. And then the user can try again.

Also as a side note - most of the time there should never be a "queue" of files to import. If the user is downloading files via Mobile Safari and importing into Equipd, they should wait for the file to finish importing before switching back to Safari and trying to download another file. If you don't wait for the first file to completely import before trying to do another file, then that could cause this issue.

I will of course try other methods of improving this area. But for now at least users have a workaround which they did not before.

iOS Settings Startup Options.png

6. iMatt

Further to this I have improved the detection of invalid files, for example if only a partial file was actually downloaded and the user is trying to open this corrupted/invalid in Equipd.

See the attached screenshot for an example of this detection in action...

iOS Simulator Screen Shot 3.07.2015 1.42.36 pm.png

7. Mo.

Mo. New Member

Amazing.

Exactly what was needed.