How To Create links inside Verse Notes

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by iMatt, Jun 28, 2015.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

You can add a note to a verse just by tapping on the verse number.
    For example open up 2 Timothy 3:16. And then tap on the number "16" beside the verse. A window opens for you to add your Note.

Let's add the following text to the note:
    Notice that the word "inspired" and "God-breathed" are in double-quotes? One of these words should also hopefully be inside the verse 16 of your Bible - depending on which translation you are using. If not, then use a different word that is :)

Now save your note. The verse number should change to the colour of the Note you selected - and the "double-quoted" words inside the verse should now be linked. The link provides an alternate way to access the note.

The attached screenshots show me adding a verse note for 2 Timothy 3:17, and creating a link on the word "equipped" in the WEB Bible.

iOS Simulator Screen Shot 28.06.2015 7.12.28 am.png iOS Simulator Screen Shot 28.06.2015 7.12.35 am.png iOS Simulator Screen Shot 28.06.2015 7.13.38 am.png

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  2. Debbie Kling

Debbie Kling New Member

So the word "inspired", when clicked,will open the note?

3. iMatt

That's correct. Why not try it and find out ;)

4. DvD

DvD Member

This is nice feature - one that I have not used before. A query - is it possible to squeeze the note so that it is smaller? And is it possible to change the location of the note on the page I.e. Move it up or down or sideways etc. I am but a tyro! Thank you
    Ps I have another one. With advancing age I forgot what it was - maybe after a coffee it will come back !!

5. iMatt

Do you mean make the font size smaller? At the moment the font size of the note = the font size you are using for the verses. If you make the font size used for the verses smaller then the font size used in the note window will become smaller.
    No this is not possible sorry.

Tip: These questions are probably best entered into the General Questions forum or Feature Requests forum to keep things clean and "on topic"...

6. DvD

DvD Member

OK thank you