Fixed - 1.1.0 Bookmarks disappeared

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by david schawohl, Jun 27, 2015.

1. david schawohl

david schawohl New Member

Hi, I created 5 new topics and bookmarked about 30 scriptures in them. At first, only the WEB text showed up, so I uploaded the nwt-E and deleted the WEB. Now the bookmarks showed up with the correct text.

Here's the problem:
    I rearranged the topics, my custom topics to the top.
    At first, the topics would show the correct number of scriptures contained, but we're worry when clicking on it. Interestingly, the topics down below showing "0" scriptures still had the bookmarks the topic originally on their place contained.

After restarting the app, now all bookmarks and topics are gone!

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi David, wow I am sorry to hear this happened, and I will definitely investigate this asap :(

Just to clarify - the bookmarks show the text from your Preferred Bible. So it wasn't really about deleting the WEB Bible, but more about setting the NWT-E as your Preferred Bible in the EPUB settings. When you install an EPUB the settings window appears, and you can do it then, or anytime by going into the Settings for that Bible.

I will get back to you on the issue of bookmarks disappearing...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  3. iMatt

@david schawohl - are your Bookmarks and Topics still showing as empty? If so, would you please send me a backup of your Bible data? Go into Admin (top/left) > Settings and Backup Settings - and email the backup file to matthew at equipd dot me. That will help me see exactly what went wrong in there, if the data is still actually in the bookmarks file as opposed to just vanished. Theoretically if your Bookmarks are still showing as "empty" that means some data is still actually present, otherwise the defaults would have restored themselves.

Anyway - let me know if that is possible.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  4. iMatt

@david schawohl Just to clarify - at this stage I have not been able to replicate this issue, despite trying many times. I am wondering if it is something specific to your Bookmarks. As mentioned in my previous reply - please send me your Backup file, so that I can take a look. I may be able to fix your Bookmarks while I am at it. Out of curiosity it would be interesting to know what device you are using as well, and iOS version.

If anybody else has this issue I would be very interested to hear about it.

5. iMatt

Another user has reported this same issue, and sent me the backup of their bookmarks. As a result I have located the issue! Yay.

Fix coming in next update...

6. iMatt

So for future reference - if this happens to you, please send me a copy of your backup file so I can take a look at the bookmarks. I can then also likely fix the issue for you and give you your bookmarks back again in a working state...

7. david schawohl

david schawohl New Member

@iMatt
    Hi Matt,
    I'm sorry this is the first time I came back to this post. I will need to change my notification preferences.

Anyway, I had deleted the app and reinstalled it, and recreated the bookmarks without changing their order or deleting anything.

Next time I'll try to respond more quickly. Thanks for the quick update!!

8. iMatt

No problem David! Hope it all works ok from here on.