Done - 3.0 New Clipboard Lookup button when in Split Screen

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by iMatt, May 12, 2016.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

When in split screen mode the automated clipboard lookup feature does not work as the app is not "resumed" - it is already open. Because of this I recently implemented a manual Clipboard Lookup option under the action menu.

However users who live in Split View and who are constantly selecting scriptures in another app and want to look up those scriptures in the Equipd Bible are reporting frustration having to repeatedly click the "..." button on the toolbar and then the "Detect Scriptures in Clipboard" menu option. Fair enough.

My solution is to make a new Clipboard Lookup button appear on the main toolbar, but only when in Split Screen mode. It is not needed out of Split Screen mode, as the lookup will just trigger automatically as you switch between apps.

Sample Screenshots
    Note that the new Clipboard Lookup button will override the Audio (Play) button on the toolbar - unless the Split Screen screen mode is wide enough to show both buttons, as shown in the 3rd screenshot.

Simulator Screen Shot 13.05.2016, 8.30.06 AM.png
    Simulator Screen Shot 13.05.2016, 8.21.57 AM.png
    Simulator Screen Shot 13.05.2016, 8.32.38 AM.png

2. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Thats a very clever and very good solution. Thank you very much!

Thank you so much for your effort and very hard work the last month!
    ;););););):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• I'm Happy x 1
    • List
  3. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

another feedback after working some time with this feature:

Looking and working absolutely perfect! Its so smooth to open scriptures from jw library in Equipd bible!

• I'm Happy x 1
    • List