Done - 3.0 Make it easier to detect scriptures in the clipboard

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Baerwurzl, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Perhaps it would be cool to personalize the upper Toolbar with Settings, Search, bookmarks etc:
    Then you could choose fe. not to see the settings-symbol and reach it with the "..." three-point-Symbol on the right
    but to show the "detectscripture"-Symbol instead of the search-symbol (which would be cool for those who use splitscreenmode and detection often...).

Also this would perhaps be a possibility to "create" a new optionally button to show the picker also in mini-split-screen mode instead.
    But this suggestion is not very thoughtful, just an idea.

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Just a comment - you can use the "double-tap" gesture to show the Picker in the mini-split-screen mode.

You just have to make sure it is turned on first. It is off by default on the iPad. Go to Admin (top/left) > Settings > Bible Settings > "Show Picker on Double Tap". You might need to lookup a scripture to force the main Bible screen contents to refresh, but then after that you can double-tap in the main Bible window to show the Picker. Especially handy in the smallest Split Screen mode where the Picker is hidden on the toolbar.

Show Picker on Double Tap.png

I will have a think about the ability to customise the top toolbar. It sounds like a nice idea, just not sure where it sits in the list of priorities.

Stepping back a bit - what is the function you are most trying to get onto the top toolbar that is not there already?

3. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Especially the Detect scripture manually button and a trigger. I know double clicking does it, too. But a button would be nicer:)

Priority low...

4. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

I really love to use jw library on the left and equipd bible on the right. I often open scripture links with longtap on it in jw library / copy and then open it withe the dect scripture button in equipd bible.
    Unfortunately i have to click on the three dots and then i can open it. This is just a little bit annoying if opening a lot of scripures like that. Ä
    I understand that customizing the upper tool bar isnt that easy, so i have another idea to make this procedure faster and easier: a gesture to manually detect scripture links in ghe clipboard. For example a triple tab (tap withe three fingers at once) and magically the scripture in the clipboard opens. That would be really great - and i think not that complicate to implement).

5. iMatt

What split screen sizes do you typically use in this mode? Half and half? Or the smaller width for the right?

6. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Typically the smaller width for the right

7. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

What do you think about the triple tap (or another) gesture?

8. iMatt

I am thinking about it. But there is no native "triple-tap" on many of the ui elements. Leave it with me a bit longer.

9. iMatt

I have implemented a solution that should help @Baerwurzl - see here.

Does that satisfy the main requirement of this thread?

10. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Yes! Thank you very much!