News Bible Reading Schedules Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by iMatt, Apr 16, 2016.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

I am pleased to announce that Bible Reading Schedules will be included in the next update.

Schedules will include the following features:
    • Accessed from the toolbar button that shows History, Bookmarks, Notes etc
    • Choose from a number of reading plans.
    • Activate multiple schedules at the same time.
    • Reminder notifications to prompt you to read the Bible daily.
    • For the Weekly Bible Reading schedule you can set the day your study week starts on. For example if you have a meeting on Tuesday night, then set the study week to start on Wednesday.
    • For schedules that have daily readings, you can change the Start Date for the schedule. For example you can set it to start several months ago, which means the reading for "today" will be advanced accordingly. Useful if you are already partway through a reading schedule in another app and want to synchronise.
    • Download new schedules from the forums. Create and share your own schedules via the forums.
    Here are several screenshots of the schedules in action:

The Schedules.png Adding a Schedule.png Todays Reading List.png Mark as Read.png Notifications Settings.png Live Notification.jpg

2. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

That's a great feature, Matthew. Will it be possible to download the jw.org Bible reading schedule. And incorporate it into the program?
    That schedule is the one I have followed for a few years now.

3. niall

niall New Member

Bohemian, there will be a Weekly Reading schedule in line with the Congregation Bible Study. (If you look closely at the first image Matt posted you'll see a Weekly Bible Reading schedule for 2016.) It would also appear that users will be able to create their own schedules and submit them to the forum.

I'm sure that someone will create one based on the JW.org schedule. If not, I will. I will also create one for the 2017 Memorial Reading - when it's published by the society.

4. iMatt

If you look closely at the screenshots you will see there is a "read the Bible in one year" schedule. I cannot guarantee that the breakdown each day is exactly the same chapters but that is really semantics - it would be extremely close. It is aiming for 15 mins of reading per day. Is this the schedule you are referring to on JW.org @Bohemian?

Also as mentioned already users can create their own schedules as well and share them via the forums. @niall I already created and used a schedule for the Memorial readings for 2016. I have actually already shared that schedule on these forums as an example - you just don't have permission to see that new forum yet :)

5. jbroyles

jbroyles New Member

when should we anticipate the new release?
    jon

6. iMatt

It still needs to go through the beta testers and translators yet. So 2-3 weeks maybe.

7. iMatt

I just added another schedule - "A Chapter a Day".

8. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Really great features, also the Backup Reminder and especially the weekly reading from "life and ministry". Love it!

• I'm Happy x 1
    • List
  9. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

10. iMatt

@Bohemian - yes I am very familiar with this one :)

11. BRIANNE WADDELL

BRIANNE WADDELL New Member

Are there any apps like this based on the weekly meeting schedule for Android?

12. iMatt

Not that I am aware of sorry Brianne.

13. jwhsso

jwhsso New Member

한국어 버전이 있습니까? 그렇지 않다면, 어떤 계획이 있습니까?

14. iMatt

Hi. This thread is really old. As stated, support for Bible Reading Schedules were released in the "next version" - which was version 3.0 back in May 16, 2016 - almost a year ago. You can read the official blog post here.

And sure - all the default schedules are already available in Korean. You need to have the app installed on a device which is set to use the Korean language by default in the iOS Settings.