Done - 2.0 Option to move Notes between Bibles / EPUB files

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by iMatt, Mar 8, 2016.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

A user might add notes to a Bible / EPUB file and then want to move all those notes to a different Bible or EPUB file.

There will be an option in the EPUB settings to move all the notes against that EPUB to a different Bible.

This will be included in version 2.0.

2. Baerwurzl

Baerwurzl Member

Great! Great! Great!

Thank you!

3. iMatt

Done for version 2.0.

To access this feature go into the Bible/EPUB settings, scroll to the bottom and click the "Move Notes" button. You will then be asked to select the Bible to move the notes to.

If the Bible you are moving the notes to already has existing notes for conflicting verses, then the notes will be merged together, separated by new lines and a "---".

4. niall

niall New Member

Is there any chance notes could be exported via email?

I study on my iPad when I can, but sometimes I study on my iPhone if my iPad is not available (quiet times at work for example). It would be nice to be able to export those notes to my iPad, or vice versa. I know I can create a backup on one device and open it on another, but I like the idea of merging notes rather than overwriting them. Unless, of course, you're about to release an update with Cloud Sync. ;)

5. iMatt

Hi @niall,

There is no such option at the moment sorry.

Yes you can do a backup on one device and restore on the other. As you mention, this does not merge but rather replaces the files on the device being imported to.

Merging is a bit more complicated, and will likely be developed as part of the planned sync mechanism, which I do have planned but will not likely get to until version 3.