No cross references?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Debbie Kling, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debbie Kling

Debbie Kling New Member

Did I do something wrong or does the EPub version not have cross references?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by iMatt, Jun 27, 2015
  3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hi Debbie - it is a good question.

Please remember that the Equipd Bible app is an EPUB reader. Thus it can only show what is actually contained in the EPUB file. Most Bible EPUB files do not seem to have cross-references, probably because the sheer number of them would make the EPUB file quite large. And many generic EPUB reader apps would probably struggle with loading such large files with so much cross-linking - although I think the Equipd Bible app would be fine because it works slightly differently.

Many Bible EPUB files do contain footnotes however, but not all.

4. Marvin

Marvin New Member

iMatt,

How does Equipd (older version) made the cross references then? I always thought that that version also downloaded the epub file?
    If not, does it then downloaded the WOL bible? Next question is, can I produce such epub by downloading the WOL bible?

5. Knard

Knard New Member

Hi
    I'm wondering about the same issue. I have to continue to use the former version of equipd just because of this feature that is lacking.... And I can't find where to download the ePub with the references. So useful....
    Thanks for your light on the matter.....
    Greetings.
    Seb

6. Carlos

Carlos Member

Hi Matt:

Could you please give me an example of a Bible that contains footnotes and other references so I can see how it works in Equipd Bible. I think that if I get a working example, I should be able to create a custom Rbi8 EPUB. I tried checking the King James w/ Strong to see how the references were accessed but that EPUB seems to have its references looked up using internal logic and the reference data stored in some other internal data file.

Thanks;

CD

7. Carlos

Carlos Member

Never mind this request. I realized that the NWT (2013) has indeed footnotes and by looking at the files inside the ePub should not be difficult to build an ePub with similar characteristics. I didn't notice that before because normally I use Spanish versions, none of which I have seen references or footnotes in.

Keep up the good work;

CD

8. iMatt

The older Equipd app did not load EPUB files. Everything in the older Equipd app loaded directly from WOL.jw.org.

This is already answered here: http://www.equipd.me/forums/threads/can-you-add-another-bible.54/

9. iMatt

That is because there is no EPUB with the references. The former Equipd app loaded content directly from WOL.jw.org. It did not load EPUB files.

10. iMatt

I am closing comments on this topic. The answer to the original post from Debbie should be pretty clear. Any further questions should be raised as new topics.

11. iMatt

I can confirm that trial support for cross-references is coming to the nwt_E in the next version. I have figured out a way to enhance existing EPUB files with cross-reference data. Support for other Bibles/languages will come in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.