Not a Bug Zip file Notes not visible

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sandra Rennie, May 19, 2022.

1. Sandra Rennie

Sandra Rennie New Member

I want to transfer notes from Equipd Bible to new iPad. In the past emailing zip file has worked. This time it says notes downloaded but no notes visible. I’ve deleted app and reinstalled, all schedules there. Any help would be appreciated. iOS is 15.5

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi Sandra. I received your email as well. Notes are linked to a specific EPUB file. So when you recorded the notes what was your Preferred Bible at the time? Was it the NWT in English for example? If so, have you installed the NWT EPUB on your new iPad so that the notes can link to the same Bible? Also is it set to be your Preferred Bible, since you are only showing one at a time on Single Language View?

Looking at your screenshots it did not appear to be the NWT translation being shown.

3. Sandra Rennie

Sandra Rennie New Member

Yes that makes sense and I have the same preferred Bible translation on both. Both old iPad and new iPad I use NWT only.

4. Sandra Rennie

Sandra Rennie New Member

5. Sandra Rennie

Sandra Rennie New Member

Could it be possible the amount of notes I have, 291. That is causing the problem.

6. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Closing this issue as it is now resolved. For others that may have this issue in the future, the problem was that the ePub was installed with the wrong file name. If you download the same file multiple times on iOS it will rename the file, adding 2, 3 etc to the end. You need to ensure that it is installed using the proper file name so that the notes match up. You can verify that it is correct in the Settings for the installed Bible as shown in the screenshot below…

6036D583-6925-471B-A9E2-1E51120E3EA4.jpeg