Notes backup

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Sandra Rennie, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Sandra Rennie

Sandra Rennie New Member

I have an iPhone 12. I have tried to restore my notes from backup email, it says it has been restored but although it shows the the notes they are blank. Any help would be appreciated

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

3. iMatt

Oh - first of all, did you install the EPUB file for the Bible that the notes were recorded against? If the notes were added to nwt-E.epub for example, do you have that Bible / EPUB file installed again? If not, then they will not show. I will be able to work out what epub was used if I see your backup file, but maybe that is a clue in the meantime.

4. Sandra Rennie

Sandra Rennie New Member

Well installed the not ePub first, then equipd backup, which says restored. The folder with scripture shows but when to click on them they are empty. I deleted app then reinstalled and just download the same Bible only, same results as before, says installed but nothing shows. I must be doing some thing wrong some where. Just can’t figure out what as I have had no problems with iPhone or iPad before..

5. Sandra Rennie

Sandra Rennie New Member

Sorry nwt.

6. iMatt

Are you able to send the backup file through as requested above? That will be the quickest way to help out

7. iMatt

To repeat there are a few things that could be wrong but I have very little data to work with at the moment. Screenshots of the installed bibles and the notes screens might help but if you send me the backup file support@equipd.me I can verify things very quickly. Otherwise maybe try yourself on a computer unzipping the backup file and looking at the notes files - what ePub file they are linked with will show in the json.

8. Sandra Rennie

Sandra Rennie New Member

Sorry for the delay. Hope I’ve done this right. I’m happy if you can help but as long as I have the Bible I’m happy. So don’t worry if you can’t work out what I’ve done wrong. Will try to do the other things you have asked for. Sandra

Attached Files:

9. Sandra Rennie

Sandra Rennie New Member

Hope theses screen shots help. Three from phone and same shots from iPad.

Attached Files:

10. iMatt

Very helpful thank you Sandra. I will take a look later today, but at initial glance looks like everything you have done is correct so I will need to zoom in on what is going wrong somewhere.