Not a Bug Please check the contents of this folder

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kyle, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Kyle

Kyle New Member

Hi I love your app and use it everyday, but I think you might need to delete a few unnecessary files.

I was trying to get your app working with my M1 Mac and couldn't get it to import a Bible so I started poking around to see where they are stored. I came across a few at this location.

Equipd Bible.app/Wrapper/Equipd Bible.app/data/epub

I think you might have accidentally included some epub files you didn't mean to. It might be a good idea to take a look when you have time and remove anything you missed.

On a side note I still can't get it to work on my M1 Mac, but that's probably why you didn't add it to the Mac app store yet. Works fine, except for importing the Bibles.

Thanks for you help

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2021
  2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

When the app is installed by a new user it automatically installs some Bibles. The ePub files you are referring to in the folder you mention are those default Bibles. They are there deliberately.

I do not support the app on M1 macs yet sorry. My understanding is that Apple will soon be blocking users from side-loading apps using iMazing and similar tools on M1.

all the best.

3. Gabriel Lau

Gabriel Lau New Member

I just got Equipd Bible to work on my M1 MacBook Air.

Copy the NWT EPUB files to Macintosh HD > Users > _your_user_name_ > Library > Containers > Equipd Bible > Data > Documents > epub

I started up Equipd Bible and my NWT-E and NWT-CHS were both recognized right away.

@iMatt, I'd be happy to do any QA or testing if it'd help get Equipd Bible into the App Store.

4. Kyle

Kyle New Member

@Gabriel Lau Thanks for the help, that worked for me. It’s up and running now.

@iMatt The Bible I found at the file location I listed, was a Korean NWT ePub. It’s something I never downloaded myself. I just thought you might have missed something you were testing with. I got to it by right clicking on the Equipd Bible app and show package contents, then Equipd Bible.app Also right click show contents. Then /data/epub. I deleted everything then reinstalled, the same Korean NWT is in that file location. I’m sure its a just a mistake, or an error on my part. Thanks again for a great app.

5. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

@Kyle hmm yea that is an interesting one I will look closer.