Issue in Psalms with the Hebrew Westminster ePub

Discussion in 'Technical Questions' started by JimSpace, Dec 13, 2020.

1. JimSpace

JimSpace New Member

Hi, the WLC-S.epub misbehaves, with the font becoming too small to be seen. The font was fine until I selected a saved scripture. I couldn’t resolve this.

Thank you for your attention.

Jim

2. Best Answer:
    Post #7 by iMatt, Dec 14, 2020
  3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

4. JimSpace

JimSpace New Member

Hi, the font size only changes when I select a scripture from bookmarks. When I choose a scripture normally the font size remains unaffected.

How it looks after choosing a scripture:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c7b-12h4xV5uF5C_yLdOyFk61Kv7eplV/view?usp=drivesdk

[​IMG]
    How it looks when I select a scripture from bookmarks:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ofSR3qDvcaWD2hpWVLP8t9j9deRaXPXT/view?usp=drivesdk
    [​IMG]

When I choose a scripture normally again, the font size goes back to normal.

And yes I can change the font size with the controls. But it still goes to super tiny when I select the scripture from bookmarks.

Hopefully my screenshots came through.

5. iMatt

Screenshots didn't come through. I requested access via Google Drive so will see how it goes.

6. JimSpace

JimSpace New Member

Ok sorry about that. I sent them to you with Facebook Messenger.

7. JimSpace

JimSpace New Member

UPDATE: the super tiny font only occurs in Psalms, regardless of bookmarks. Sorry for my earlier confusion.

8. iMatt

Best Answer
    Hi @JimSpace I have looked at the issue, and as you mentioned it seems localised to Psalms.

It is not related to how you look up the scripture, or to the font size - it is very specific to the side-by-side view where it needs to extract each verse to display. The content of the verse itself is not being extracted, which means you just end up with some odd characters and the blue dashed underline from the link to the Strong's Concordance. If you jump into the full Chapter screen you will see that the verses look fine.

So to clarify, the issue is not with the app, but with the formatting of the EPUB file. Which was kindly created by @Gabriel over in this thread. So we will need to get him to have a look at the verses in Psalms and see if he can fix up the HTML formatting of the verses so that the app can view them properly.

Hope that makes sense.

WLC - Genesis.jpg WLC - Psalms.jpg