Email backup, only option to save as draft

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Klarika, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Klarika

Klarika New Member

I’ve had this issue all along and used the workaround to follow. I searched the forums and didn’t find anyone else reported it, so thought I’d ask if anyone else has this issue. When I create a back up, Equipd generates an email, but there is no “arrow” or other method to actually send the email. It is just sitting there unable to send. All I can do is select “cancel”, then it gives me the option to save the email as a draft, which I do. Then I have to go to my email client, go to the drafts, and send the email out of the draft folder. I can never just create a back up email and send it from within Equipd.

Maybe an iOS issue? No updates have fixed it.

iPad Pro 10.5”, iOS 14.1

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Good that you wrote in about this so we can eh and help.

A few questions ...

1. Is this process using the default iOS Mail app? I assume it must be but just want to check.

2. When Equipd generates the email, is the email address populated correctly in the “To:” field? And is it the correct email address? Maybe also check the address does not have an extra space at the end or similar.

3. Ignoring Equipd, if you go into the Mail app directly and create a new email to send to yourself does it all work as expected?

3. Klarika

Klarika New Member

1. Yes Equipd is using the default email app.
    2. Yes, the email address is correct. I had even tried replacing it, retyping it.
    3. Yes, directly from the email app I can email myself no problem.

Thanks much!

4. iMatt

Sorry for the late reply. I don't have any immediate answers to this, in theory it should work, and it does still for me. I am not sure what others are experiencing here?

5. Klarika

Klarika New Member

Thank you much. I don’t have the problem on my iPhone, so I think it is a unique issue to the iPad model I have, perhaps?

6. iMatt

Hmm that would be unusual. Are they the same iOS version? Are there any differences in the way iOS Settings > Mail > Accounts are set up?