Fixed Issues installing Bibles using iOS 13

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by iMatt, Sep 19, 2019.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Important!
    This issue is no longer relevant. Since version 4.1.0 of the app, there is a new internal browser that makes it a lot easier to install Bibles and Schedules. To use this new browser:

1. Click on the settings icon top / left of the Bible window.
    2. At the bottom click the "Download and install new Bibles" button.
    3. This is just like a normal browser - type in the website you want to visit and download the EPUB file you want to install.
    4. It will detect the download and take over from there.

---

If you have updated your iPhone to iOS 13 you might notice that downloads in Safari work quite differently - downloads now go into the Files app > Downloads folder. And then you should be able to Share the EPUB file using the "Copy to Equipd Bible" option from the Share menu (once you have enabled it). However for some reason that will just switch to the Equipd Bible app, but not actually install the file.

Temporary Solution

Until I get a chance to work out why this option does not work as expected in the Files app, the good news is that the Share option "Copy to Equipd Bible" seems to work from everywhere else! Weird.

So if you can download the EPUB file into another program such as Documents by Readdle, or the Google Chrome Browser app, and then use the Share button to "Copy to Equipd Bible" then it should work as expected. I am sure that many other apps will work as well.

Below is the link to a very quick recording of using the Google Chrome app to install the NWT Chinese Mandarin EPUB file.

Installing Bibles using Chrome.png

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
  2. Eva

Eva New Member

I also upgraded my iPhone and iPad and have a bug to report

When clicking on scriptures in the old Equipd app, the first scripture opens up correctly in the new Equipd bible app. (using the transition to new bible app option)

The second scripture you click on, will again open the new Equipd bible app back to the original scripture.

The only way around this problem is, each time you opened up a scripture on the new Equipd bible app, before going back to old Equipd, close new Equipd and let old Equipd reopen it with the next scripture.

3. iMatt

Thanks for reporting this issue @Eva

4. Eva

Eva New Member

Using this method to locate verses in new released Chinese mandarin simplified books. So if an ASAP fix was available it would be greatly appreciated.

5. iMatt

@Eva sure thing I am looking into it as part of the next update. Will let you know how I get on.

6. Eva

Eva New Member

I also discovered this same issue is occurring when I generate scripture URL.

The first URL opens the Equipd app at the correct scripture. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on all open back at the first scripture.

7. iMatt

@Eva yes these are all the same underlying issue. I have located the cause and fixed it for iOS 13. I am hoping to push an update to Apple within the next 24-48 hours.

8. iMatt