Installing NWT Study Bible

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Shargill, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Shargill

Shargill New Member

I have been trying to install Study Bible for over an hour. I watched the video explaining how to install it. I downloaded the ePub file and did what the video. Even though I get a dialog box that says Open in Equipd, I can’t figure how to get the Study Bible to show up in the list of Bibles. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Sharon

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi Sharon.

A couple of things to clarify. First of all the Equipd Bible app is an EPUB reader. The video shows how to download and install EPUB files in the Equipd Bible app.

The NWT Study Bible is not available in EPUB format. It is only available in JWPUB format which is only allowed to be used by JW Library.

I would hazard a guess that this is the problem?

3. Shargill

Shargill New Member

Thank you! I thought I was downloading the ePub file. Is there any way to read and study the NWT from inside the app?

4. iMatt

Hi Sharon, not without breaching the Terms of Use sorry :( If they had released the Study Bible as an EPUB then yes. But because they have only released it in JWPUB format and then place limitations on how those files can be used, they have effectively blocked other developers being able to use the Study Bible. It is JW Library only.

5. iMatt

Many use the Bible app, load the NWT 2013 Revision which is available in EPUB format, and then use it to add their own notes agains verses. You can copy selected notes from the Study Bible across to the Bible app. So effectively the Equipd Bible app becomes more personalised and includes notes that are only of special importance to you.

6. Shargill

Shargill New Member

I tried using the 2013 revision ePub but when I click on the Open In button and select EQUIPD, the Settings dialogue box opens and that’s it. Unless you are talking about something else. At my age it takes a bit longer to catch on to something new :)

7. iMatt

Hi Sharon,

So back to the drawing board the video was explaining how to install EPUB files.

When you say "Equipd" I guess you mean "Equipd Bible"? They are not the same app - "Equipd" is an older app that is no longer supported and does not support EPUB Files.

Here are the full instructions for installing an EPUB, step by step:
    https://www.equipd.me/forums/threads/install-new-bibles.51/

Note Step 5 = "Once it has imported you will be presented with the Settings window for that Bible".
    Then move onto Step 6...

I hope that helps.

8. Shargill

Shargill New Member

It worked!! I downloaded the ePub version of NWT 2013 instead of JWepub, and it installed.

Yeah, it is EQUIPD Bible. I hadn’t realized there was another.

Thank for your help!

9. iMatt

Perfect, glad it worked for you :) I should try and detect if the user is trying to install a JWPUB file and throw a warning. That would be more user friendly :)

All the best