Fixed Audio problem, version 3.8.0

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dusty Gray, Feb 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dusty Gray

Dusty Gray New Member

Audio in full chapter mode only plays current chapter. If you advance to the next chapter nothing happens. I have to close and reopen app, open the desired chapter, then same thing happens again. It doesn’t matter which audio qualified bible book you are using. NWT 2013 and BI-12 Bible versions.

It seems like it isn’t closing the audio file unless the app is closed.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

Happens to me too but intermittently.

3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for letting me know about this. I have located the issue which will be fixed in the next update.

4. iMatt

Should be all fixed in version 3.8.1 now live on the App Store.

5. Julie Craig

Julie Craig New Member

I am sorry to say, but I am still having this problem with the audio not continuing to play for each chapter without closing the app and starting again. I have done all the updates etc. Is there another solution for this please Matt?

6. iMatt

Are you able to give me a bit more context on how you are playing the audio @Julie Craig? Is this from inside a Bible reading schedule? Or from the Chapter window? Or elsewhere?

7. Julie Craig

Julie Craig New Member

I open the chapter in the app - not the Bible Reading Schedule - then I tap the play arrow. It asks me if I want to play audio, and I tap yes. It plays the chapter, I press the stop. Swipe to the next chapter, press the play arrow and nothing.
    I have tried not pressing the stop after the chapter has played. I have tried tapping the next chapter instead of swiping. All the same result.

8. iMatt

Thanks for clarifying Julie. I can replicate the problem.

To clarify the issue is isolated to the Single Language mode - i.e. when you don't have side by side Bibles. If you were in the side by side mode and launched into the full Chapter window the audio is ok there, and also when accessed via a Bible reading schedule.

I will see if I can isolate the issue and fix it.

9. Julie Craig

Julie Craig New Member

Thank you Matt.
    It does work fine from the Bible Reading Schedule and also with another language window.
    So, it is definitely confined to the single language choice. This occurs even if the other single language is another language apart from English which is my usual setting.