how delete my schedule

Discussion in 'Technical Questions' started by Wladek, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Wladek

Wladek New Member

warmly welcome. I am new here. please help. I installed my Bible reading plan, but I can not delete it. can you help me how to do it? of course, I can stop reading, but the plan is still in the downloaded one. please help

2. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

Yes, how do you delete a downloaded schedule? Like the daily text schedule, or the weekly Bible Reading schedule? I have the weekly schedule for 2017 in Equipd Bible but cannot remove it. Help, please!

3. darylpro

darylpro New Member

1. Tap the Tools icon that brings up the Table of Contents, History, Bookmarks, etc. it looks like an open book, second from the left.
    2. Tap the Schedule icon on the top right. It looks like a calendar.
    3. Tap the Gear icon to display the list of schedules.
    4. Tap the schedule you wish to delete.
    5. Tap the Delete Downloaded Schedule option.

4. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

Thanks for your reply, darylpro.
    I can get to number 4 on your list, but when I tap the schedule I wish to delete, it opens a new page showing the details but I do not get an option to delete it. So step 5 does not exist for me.
    I can stop the schedule, or reset it, but not delete it.

5. darylpro

darylpro New Member

There are three groups of schedules: My Active Schedules, Downloaded Schedules, and Available Schedules. The delete option is available for schedules in the Downloaded Schedules group.

6. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

Not on my version, I'm afraid. Only a reset and a stop option. No delete option. :(

7. darylpro

darylpro New Member

If you have downloaded a schedule, and it appears in My Active Schedules, choose the option to stop reading the schedule. It will then move to the Downloaded Schedules group, and the Delete Downloaded Schedule should then appear, when you open the details of that schedule.

8. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

That is exactly what I have done, but the delete option does not appear.

9. darylpro

darylpro New Member

The last thing I can do to assist is just show a screenshot of what it looks like for me.

First select a schedule from the Downloaded Schedules, and notice the red Delete Downloaded Schedule option at the bottom of the details page.

E37409DC-8DC0-4BC1-9E21-E98C51AFC855.png 34E3AB2C-E71A-4C83-B520-05593DF248A4.png

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  10. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

Tried again....

IMG_3668.PNG IMG_3669.PNG

11. darylpro

darylpro New Member

It looks like there is no delete option for the weekly Bible reading schedule. The one shown above with the delete option is for the Memorial Bible reading. Perhaps the type of schedule determines the behavior. If you reset the schedule progress and then stop the schedule, it should not show up on main schedules form, so even though it’s there, it won’t display each day.

12. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

Maybe @iMatt will step in with a solution?

13. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

There are different types of schedules:

1. The default schedules included with the app install
    2. Any custom schedules you download and install (eg the Memorial or Daily Text schedules)

When you "Start" one of the default schedules, it is activated and moved from the "Available Schedules" list, up to the "My Active Schedules" list. If you "Stop" one of these default reading schedules, then it will just remove itself from the "My Active Schedules" and go back under "Available Schedules".

i.e. you cannot "delete" one of the default schedules.

Custom schedules that you have manually downloaded and installed however work differently. When they are downloaded they appear under the "Downloaded Schedules" list. And when you activate one of these schedules, it moves into the "My Active Schedules" list. And if you stop a custom schedule, it will move back into the "Downloaded Schedules" list.

Once a custom schedule appears inside the "Downloaded Schedules" list, then you can click on it in settings and choose to "Delete Downloaded Schedule". So if you have the "Memorial Bible Reading 2018" schedule sitting inside the "Downloaded Schedules" list, then you can delete it. You cannot delete it if you are currently reading it under your "active" schedules.

Does that make sense?

The only time the above is not true is perhaps if somebody creates their own custom schedule, and it has a bug in it or something wrong - this is a wildcard situation and is different. In that case, you need to ask for help. Which is perhaps what the original poster @Wladek is asking? I am not sure.

I hope that clarifies things.

14. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

Thanks, Matt. But that is what I have been trying to do. As you can see from my screenshots I do not get a delete option on the downloaded schedule for 2017.
    So now I am askng for help, please.

15. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

@Bohemian I had a look at your screenshots and in your case it is a bug. The "Weekly Bible Reading 2017" was not a custom schedule - it was indeed installed with the app. So in this case it should not be showing under "Downloaded Schedules". I will look into this further.

16. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

Thanks Matt. At least I'm not going crazy! :eek:

I love the Equipd Bible, and prefer the note-taking to the JWLibrary Bible, and the fact that the picker sends you straight to the verse.