Fixed for Next Update Name of catalan books

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by yherla, Jul 8, 2018.

1. yherla

yherla New Member

Hi Matt,

I think I've found a bug.

I use Catalan Bibles and although I select the Catalan language for each book, the name of the books appears in English.

Is it an error or do I do something wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @yherla. I think it is just because I have not added specific support for the Catalan language. While the Bible loads and it can render the verses etc, surrounding functionality inside the app such as the headings need to have support added for that language and needs testing. I can add it to the list if you like.

3. yherla

yherla New Member

Ohh ... thanks for your quick response.

I thought the Equipd supported Catalan language because it can be select that language.

Ok, so, I would be grateful if you can add it to the list.

4. iMatt

Hi @yherla just checking that we are talking about the "Equipd Bible" app, and not the original Equipd app. My comment above is regarding the Bible app - I will try to get it to show the scripture reference heading in Catalan when using the Catalan EPUB file. The original Equipd app is no longer being developed and so any changes to that app should not be expected.

Just making sure we are on the same page :)

5. iMatt

So I have updated the Bible Book names in Catalan - for the Greek Scriptures only, which is all the Catalan EPUB file currently supports.

The only real affect of this is that it will show the Bible Book names in Catalan above the section of verses as shown in the screenshot below:

Catalan.png

6. yherla

yherla New Member

I suppose I have the "Equipd Bible" app. In fact, I didn't know that there were 2 applications.

Yes, really that (the screenshot you have attached) is what I want: show the Bible Book names in Catalan above the section of verses.

Currently we manage other Catalan Bibles besides NWT version. This Bibles includes the Hebrew Scriptures, so, could you add the name of the Hebrew Scripture Books too? If you need some help I can send you the list of the books names or some Catalan Bible EPUB.

Thanks a lot!

7. iMatt

So you have other Catalan Bibles that load OK into the Equipd Bible app? If you want to send me them that would be great. I will look into adding the Hebrew book names. You can email them to support@equipd.me if you prefer.

8. yherla

yherla New Member

Done! Just now I have send you a email with the EPUB.

I have seen you published a new Equipd version that includes the Bible Book names in catalan for the Greek Scriptures! Great! I look forward to see soon the version with the all Bible Books names in catalan.

Thanks a lot!