Idea Add Scripture Lookup support for Serbian (Roman)

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Erngab, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Erngab

Erngab New Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Erngab. I am not quite sure what you are asking.

Have you already installed the Serbian Bible in EPUB format from JW.org?

Have you tried adding Notes?

Which part is not working?

Let me know and I will try to help.

3. Erngab

Erngab New Member

Scripture lookups in Equipd are not currently suported in this language.
    Support Serbian (Roman) language.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  4. iMatt

I understand the request and have changed the Topic title to reflect what is needed. I am not planning support for Serbian scripture lookups at this time, but I will definitely consider it.

5. Erngab

Erngab New Member

One question, just check.
    Whether I can from the notes from the Serbian Bible, open English verse?
    Or I have to write the verse to the note in the English Bible?
    None of the three languages NWT Bible does not open verse (bi12-SBO; nwt-E; bi12-H)
    [​IMG]

Only when I put verse in (KJV+S), the verse can open.
    [​IMG]

6. Erngab

Erngab New Member

If in the notes section,
    has a notes from different Bible,
    and the last note has a verse, in language which not suported scripture lookups,
    the verse can not open in notes above, which suported scripture lookups.

7. iMatt

I have managed to replicate this issue. You are doing some good testing - can't believe nobody has found this before! I will look into it.

8. iMatt

Yes it seems the last note to be listed in the side bar will determine the language used for scriptures lookups for all the Notes in the Side Bar.

So if the last Note is added against an English Bible, then scripture lookups are in English. If the last note listed is against a Serbian Bible then scripture lookups will be attempted in Serbian.

The solution to this is actually pretty tricky due to the way those links work.

9. Erngab

Erngab New Member

:)
    You made a great app.
    Bookmarks with comments are excelent thing.
    For the ministry and study, this is powerful tool.
    I recently purchased the application and with it I began again the schedule Bible read.

10. iMatt

Thanks @Erngab I appreciate the feedback, and the bug reports. I may not be able to fix them in the short-term due to quite a lot happening in my personal life right now but I have logged them in my bug tracker and will get to them.

11. Erngab

Erngab New Member

Whether can you, make a possibility, that somehow through the settings, determine which Bible translation will be used as the default for scriptures lookups?
    I try to put verses to English Bible as a last notes. But most often I put new notes in Serbian Bible, and they become the last notes, instead of English.

Similar thing - In Schedule Daily Text can not open verses http://www.equipd.me/forums/threads/in-schedule-daily-text-can-not-open-verses.374/

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  12. iMatt

I just want to make it clear @Erngab as there is a risk we will be repeating ourselves here...

1) You have a Feature Request to add Scripture Lookup support for Serbian. This will not be a high priority relative to other features, or other languages that users would like to have Scripture Lookup support for (i.e. you are the only user who has ever requested it so far).

2) The default language used for Scripture Lookups depends on the context, for various reasons I won't go into here. Sometimes it is the Preferred Bible language. Sometimes it is the language defined in the Settings for "Detect Scriptures in Clipboard". Sometimes it is the Bible used in the immediate context of the item you are clicking on - for example a Note.

3) In Notes, the scripture lookup language is "supposed" to be the language of the Bible the Note is added against. But as you have discovered there is bug that the language of the last note in the Side Bar will override the scripture lookup language used for scripture links inside the Notes in the side bar.

I will probably be fixing point 3 above by falling back on using the Clipboard Lookup Language as the Scripture Lookup if the Note language does not support Scripture Languages. It is not the perfect solution, but it will work, and it will avoid breaking some of the complex logic used in other places until I have more time to look at this.

In fact I will put some logic in place that will cause scripture lookups to fall back on the Clipboard Lookup Language in several situations where the Preferred Bible Language does not support Scripture Lookups, or where the context (e.g. a Note) does not support Scripture Lookups.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017