Bug Report Opening URL links created in PDF Wt

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Paul H, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Paul H

Paul H New Member

Hi,
    As always, many thanks for such a great app. I'd like to report:
    Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iOS 10.01
    Issue: When opening a URL link (equipdbible://bible/Romans12:6-8) from my PDF Wt and Equipd Bible is already open in the split screen mode, there is no action. However if opening the link from the reader in standard non-split view (tried both Pdf Expert and GoodReader) Equipd opens to the desired scripture just fine. Previously with iOS 9.x the links worked perfectly in split screen, or of course, standard view. As you have already pointed out, some issues may just go away with subsequent updates from Apple. But I thought it might be good to log this.

Thanks,

Paul Hatton

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Paul H - I will look into this further. Thanks for reporting the issue.

3. Paul H

Paul H New Member

Hi @iMatt,
    I've discovered a workaround so that with Equipd Bible remaining open in a split window a hyperlink in my PDF will cause it to navigate to the desired text. After tapping the link, I move the sizing bar of the split window (using iPad Pro, iOS 10.0.2) just enough to cause Equipd to adjust, and Equipd responds to the link. So I can continue viewing the scripture beside my study article. Yay!

Please know that I'm not complaining in any way. Probably not that many are taking the time to edit a PDF Wt and insert the links. :) I just happen to like it. I can shorten the time somewhat with an AWK script that grabs the scriptures from the Wt text and creates a list of formatted Equipd links.

I really appreciate all the work and care you put into both Equipd Bible and the Equipd app.

- Paul -

4. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

5. Paul H

Paul H New Member