How To Integrate with ReadingPlan for Bible Reading Schedules

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by iMatt, Jun 27, 2015.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

The developer of ReadingPlan has added official support for Equipd, which means it is even easier to integrate the two apps. Please open ReadingPlan > Settings and follow the steps in the attached screenshots...

1 Select Bible Link.png 2 View Available Links.png 3 Add Equipd.png 4 Select Equipd.png

---

You can also integrate with ReadingPlan manually.

Once you have installed the ReadingPlan app, then open ReadingPlan and go into Settings and add a new custom "Bible Link" for Equipd with the following format...
    Code:
    equipdbible://bible/%@
    Note: If you copy and paste this link into ReadingPlan, make sure there are no trailing spaces in the link!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  2. Debbie Kling

Debbie Kling New Member

I have Readingplan installed but I do not see anywhere that it will allow me to paste your link.

3. Roy M

Roy M New Member

Hi Debbie. Go to settings/bible link

4. Website Hugger

Website Hugger New Member

Hello Debbie. Assuming you have the ReadingPlan installed on iPad or iPhone, open the app and tap the top-right corner to get to Settings.
    You should have a list of bibles there already.
    Tap 'edit' to add a new one, just tap on the Bible link.
    For the name I used 'Equipd Bible'. Then paste the URL name 'equipdbible://bible/%@' without the quote mark.
    Make sure there are no spaces before or after the URL name.
    When done you should see the new bible link name.
    You should be good to go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  5. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

@Roy M and @Website Hugger - thanks so much for helping answer that one! Great stuff. Out of interest the developer of ReadingPlan just contacted me to let me know that he will indeed add the Equipd Bible app to the default list of supported Bibles which is great news. I will post on here when he has confirmed it as done.

6. Debbie Kling

Debbie Kling New Member

Thank you! :)

7. CrispyB

CrispyB New Member

Worked great for me. He is helpful there.
    I created a 'plan' there, called it "one year seasonal", started the year in Genesis, then proceed through the year based on the weather really. In the summer I read through the books that are maybe more challenging for me, then when the weather is bad, the easier books. I also go through the gospels during memorial season.

That app, combined with the plan I wanted and Equipd have really helped make it easy to keep up with a one year read because I know exactly where I am supposed to be.

8. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

3 Reading Plan :

1) JW364.ini - JW One Year - Bible Reading Schedule like the pdf with 364 days.

2) 261week.ini - Reading of the week - The program on five years who started on January 1, 2014 . In the settings, choose: Titles - Week 40.

3) Finalweek.ini - Final week of Jesus - The 9 days reading program for the memorial. Next start date : March 18, 2016.

1) Change the extension : .txt to .ini
    2) On your computer, open Itunes and connect your Iphone or Ipad.
    3 ) Add file like this : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301
    4 ) Sync
    5 ) Open "ReadingPlan on your Iphone or Ipad.
    6 ) Open Settings
    7 ) Reading Plan : choose one
    8 ) Bible Link - View Available Links - Equipd Bible - Add - Select "Equipd (App)"
    9 ) Back to Setting - select Start Date and the Titles format with date.
    10 ) Done

Because Reading Plan is for bible chapter, Equipd is more faster if you have not many version of the bible active and/or in the bible settings you chose the option "Stop the selection at chapter".

With ios 9, in Equipd, with "slide from left side" you have the chapter to read from "ReadingPlan" app and there is the call back option top-left (also great with the Equipd javascript in epub).

Jim Price of ReadingPlan App, "I just updated the link file so it passes the full verse range. To update your link, delete the existing Equipd link and download it again."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  9. Bart

Bart New Member