How do I create cross-reference links?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions' started by Gabriel, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

It is possible to make " cross-references'' link ?

I want make it in 2 way :
    1) if I have a ref to a another verset inside the text of a chapter.
    2) with a verset in ref in a footnote like in FGV.epub.

like ahref from Outline?

In my file FGV.epub with code like in NWT Outline file, that work well. But if I put this code in a chapter file, don't work. And, "a href" in a chapter work only in KJV+S.epub and for "strong" ref.

<span class="altsize">(</span><a href="1001061117-split3.xhtml#pos10184"><span class="altsize">1-9</span></a><span class="altsize">)</span>

(</span><a href="01.GE.01.xhtml"><span class="altsize">1:1</span></a><span class="altsize">) ????????????

Or like the old Equipd? A exemple please! ;):)

You can make a simplement fonction possible like this or the java script to put in a epub in ibook?

equipdbible://bible/Psaumes32:6

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

I will provide a code example of how to create cross-references within an EPUB once I have finalised advanced support for such functionality. I don't have a timeframe for this yet.

As for the final question about iBooks link support - such support already exists if you use the existing URL Scheme, similar to the example you entered. The URL Scheme is already defined and works fine. Read more about the official URL Scheme here. You can see another user is already using this in iBooks here.

3. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

ok, thank you!

4. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

What you have done for the nwt-E will allow me to do the same for others bibles?

5. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Eventually Gabriel but not yet.

6. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

ok! :) This (cross-ref for NWT-E) is (will be) already a good improvement, useful for the majority of users. I use NWT-E, because it is the original version of the NWT and that the revision does not yet exist in French. Function that I use in your other app Equipd.

7. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

With 3.0.0 update, it's now possible to make link to a other verse in the Epub with the support of the navigation in the epub.
    Example : "See 2 Cor. 4:6" = See <a href="47.2CO.4.xhtml#c4_v6">2 Cor. 4:6</a>

Does not work in files of chapters. Equipd detect it like as it is a verse because of of the tag "<a</a>". It works in pop-up window.

Last edited: May 21, 2016