Word index 2013

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Teresa West, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Teresa West

Teresa West New Member

I'm trying to search for a word example: (puzzled) I don't see the word index like in the original equip. Is it on the new bible app? This is very handy when I can remember a word in a scripture but not the scripture. Am I just missing this feature or is it not there? Thanks for anyone's help on this.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Carlos, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Carlos

Carlos Member

Best Answer
    My answer is not based on knowledge of the internals of this app, just user observation. I don't think the search is based on an index. An index could speed things up but it would also limit the search capabilities. It looks more like the app is doing a full search in the entire text, which in my opinion is more useful.

4. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

@Teresa West - this new Bible app is an EPUB reader. It does not work like the older app.

There is a powerful search that you can use to locate verses with a specific word in it. As Carlos mentioned, the search is not currently based on on index, which is slower but more powerful. I already have plans to make the search faster as can be seen here.

5. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi again @Teresa West - just letting you know that the Concordance / Index search from the older app is coming again to the Equipd Bible app, and has been improved as well. You can read about it here.