It does not load the ePub file

Discussion in 'Technical Questions' started by Guri-Gurami, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

Brother Matt,

I have Bible (Georgian translation) file in ePub format and after inserting the file into the Equipd Bible app it does not read it. I did everything exactly the same way as I usually do with other files but this time it does not find Bible verses. I have attached ePub file in here in case you would like to try on your app to make it working. Until that can you give me any sugesitons?

Thank you,
    Kind regards,
    Guri

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guri. I would have to pull the ePub file apart to see. It will definitely be something wrong in the formatting of either the folder and file names or the internals of the chapter files. I don't have time right now to do this sorry. See how you get on. Maybe later this week I can take a look if you have not found the issue.

3. iMatt

Some things to check: 1) does it load in iBooks ok? 2) does it follow the exact file structure and HTML format used in the bibles listed on this page?

4. iMatt

Hmm after reading your initial post again - did you generate this ePub file? Or get it from somewhere else?

If you got it from somewhere else then that is the problem.

Please read this page: http://www.equipd.me/forums/threads/install-new-bibles.51/

And note this paragraph:
    The same point is made st the top of the Bible download page: http://www.equipd.me/bibles/

5. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

I got the ePub file from somewhere else.
    I'm attaching the screen shots how they look in my equipd app and please see it you might get full picture of the problem:

01.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2017
  6. iMatt

Hi Guri,

Thanks for clarifying you got the epub from somewhere else. I believe that my above explanations already explain that Equipd Bible only loads "compatible" bibles. I will post this content here once more:
    This epub is not compatible sorry.

7. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

Matt,

Thank you for clear explanation. I would like to know what are them "certain rules in order that the ePub file to work in Equipd?" I have the PDF file as well and I can try to convert it into ePub to make it usable for my equipd app.

8. iMatt

The best explanation is on the following page:
    http://www.equipd.me/forums/threads/can-you-add-another-bible.54/

It contains the following subheading:
    Generating an ePub file is relatively technical and time-consuming. There are a number of working parts that need to match up for the EPUB to be "valid". You can test the final file is valid by trying to load it into iBooks as well. And then the rest is about the matching naming conventions and HTML structure. If you match the folder+file names to one of the sample EPUB files on the download page, and make sure the HTML structure matches for each chapter file, then you are good to go. You realistically cannot do this by trying to copy and paste content around. You will likely need to write code to generate or convert things for you programmatically.

You can unzip an EPUB file by changing the ".epub" to ".zip". Then you can explore the folder structure and the internal files.

All the best.

9. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

Thank you Matt.

10. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

I can do it, if you want help.

• Like x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

Yes Gabriel, I need help and I would appreciate it you help me.

Thank you.

12. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

NT Georgian - Maybe it's better if we remove the "paragraphs" "p" from the original Epub? Or put "/br"?

Attached Files:

• GRG.epub
      File size:
      713.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  13. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

Gabriel,

You don't even know how good job you have done! Thank you very much for the file! Much appreciated!
    May I ask you to generate the other "old testament" as well?

In this link http://holybible.ge/georgian you will find 6 Georgian translations of the Bible. last 2 are only Christian Greek scriptures. The one you have provided is "new testament" only.

May I dare and ask you kindly to generate all 6 translations into ePub file please. Do you think you can do that for us? Please.

Thank you very much.
    p.s.If you show my how to do it I will not mind to do it by myself thou.
    Thank you and sorry if I asked too much.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  14. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

Old Testament - one thousand one hundred manuscripts (ancient Georgian)
    Use this source for the OT (http://www.orthodoxy.ge/tserili/mtskheturi/sarchevi.htm)
    If you do copy and paste of each chapter in the right file of this .zip file (OEBPS VIDE), then it's easy and quick for me to do the rest of the work. 1189 copy-past for the bible! ))) You can use Notepad++ for example. Put the text between <body>TEXT</body>

About copyright

http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/
    ll texts that can be downloaded via http from the TITUS server can be used freely for scholarly purposes, provided that they are quoted as sources and the name(s) of the editor(s) and the date of last changes are indicated in publications.
    The texts must not be used for any kind of commercial usage. Downloading of some of the texts is restricted to members of the TITUS project.
    Most of the texts mentioned below are accessible on the TITUS WordCruncher Server (http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/framee.htm) for investigations of many kinds.

And copyright for modern versions?
    Simple source here:
    http://www.orthodoxy.ge/tsmidatserili.htm

Attached Files:

15. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

Gabriel,

I'll put them chapter by chapter to make it easier for you to generate the epub file and when its done I will let you know.
    Regarding the modern translations: they are open for public, only thing is that it shouldn't be used for the commercial purposes such as printing and selling. None of them we are intending to print or sell. So.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  16. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

Gabriel,

As a sample I just did first 5 chapters of Genesis. Can you please look at it and tel me know if I did it right and if it is right I will continue to do whole Bible chapters. Please see attached file billow:

Attached Files:

17. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

Hi Guri,
    No.
    To make it simple for you, put in one Word file all chapters of one version of the Bible in the same order of the New World Translation (Equipd order, Genese to Revelation). Just copy-past. Forget everything I wrote in the previous post. (Dont put <body> 01.GE.1, etc)

18. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

Gabriel,

See the attached file please, it only "OT".

Attached Files:

19. Guri-Gurami

Guri-Gurami New Member

I have one Word file and also one PDF file but I can not upload in here, it says it is too large.

Can I Please email the file to you?

20. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

Thanks, with this kind of file, I should be able to do some things pretty quickly. Just write me with each file in georgien, the name of the version, and the author.