How To Work with Offline Audio Files

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by iMatt, Jun 27, 2015.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Equipd supports offline MP3 audio.

You can install the audio by following these steps:
    1. Locate a ZIP of MP3 files in the Safari browser
    2. Download the ZIP and “Open in…” the Equipd Bible app
    3. Choose which Bible the audio files belong to
    Websites like JW.org provide Zipped MP3 files for download. It is also quite easy to locate Zipped MP3 files for the World English Bible (WEB) and King James Version (KJV) by doing a quick Google search.

Video Tutorial

There is a great tutorial on AppChasers showing you how to use the Equipd Bible app. About 8 minutes 34 seconds into the video it covers how to download and install audio files as well.

I have installed some MP3 files - how do I play the audio?

You can only play audio on screens that are showing the full Bible chapter. That is because the audio is not for selected verses - it is for the entire chapter.

So in the side-by-side view, click the "Chapter" button next to the Bible you want to play audio for. In the Chapter window you will see a Play button.

If you are just using a single Bible (no side-by-side view) then you should see the Play button on the main Bible toolbar.

How do I delete audio files?

Just open the Settings (toolbar top/left) and click on the Bible that has the audio. From the EPUB Settings screen you will see a row labelled "Bible Audio Files". Click this to view the audio files you have installed. You can delete a file or folder by swiping on the row right-to-left and hitting the red "Delete" button.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. Website Hugger

Website Hugger New Member

iMatt, thank you for the clarification. I use the audio primarily to listen to the Bible readings when I'm much too tired to read. Actually I created a duplicate item within ReadingPlan: one with audio and another without. Now I have a choice.

I'm happy to know that you've worked out an arrangement to have the Equipd! Bible as a default option for those that need it. I'm sure it will make their life easier.