Done - 1.1.0 Support the Chapter Outline in JW.org Bibles

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by mumgold, Jun 27, 2015.

1. mumgold

mumgold New Member

Would like to be able to read the outline of contents of each bible book

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

The reality is that the "Outline of Contents" you are referring to is specific to the EPUB files from JW.org. It is not a generic feature of EPUB files. As this new app is a "generic" tool then ... well. But I know it would be nice to have, so I will think about it ;)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  3. iMatt

I am pleased to have completed this new feature - it will be part of version 1.1.

Once you have selected a book from the top scroller, and then tap it again, it will check to see what your "Preferred Bible" is, and then will look inside the EPUB of the Preferred Bible to see if it can locate the file that contains the outline for the selected book. If the file is located, then it will display as shown in the attached screenshots.

Tip: Only the newer NWT epub files include the Outline chapters.

Walkthrough example:
    1. I tap the book of Proverbs ("Pr") on the top scroller - as though I was looking up a scripture.
    2. I then tap the button for Proverbs ("Pr") once more. This triggers the lookup for the outline.
    3. The app will then check what your "Preferred Bible" is - as defined in the EPUB Settings. In my example my preferred Bible is the "nwt_E.epub" file.
    4. The app will then look inside the epub and try to locate the file with the Outline for the book of Proverbs.
    5. If the file is located, then you will see the popup box display, as shown in the screenshots.
    All scripture links inside the Outline work. Tested on both the English and Korean NWT.

iOS Simulator Screen Shot 3.07.2015 6.10.03 pm.png iOS Simulator Screen Shot 3.07.2015 6.10.24 pm.png

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  4. mumgold

mumgold New Member

Thanks so much for this, looking forward to the update :)

5. N2learn

N2learn New Member

Thanks I appreciate the this addition as well

6. darylpro

darylpro New Member

Thanks very much for adding this. Very helpful.

7. DvD

DvD Member

Ummmmm.....sorry not working for me iMatt - not sure if it is related to my earlier problem?

8. iMatt

What is your "Preferred Bible" set to?

9. DvD

DvD Member

Bi12-E

10. iMatt

@DvD and that is the problem. There is no outline chapters inside the bi12. You need to be using the epub for the newer 2013 revision (nwt-E) as your Preferred Bible...

11. DvD

DvD Member

Hmmmm....not sure how I did that... Thank you..... Will I loose all my notes if I install the 2013 version - can't for the life of me work out how I installed that.....after thinking about it I decided to go through the list of scriptures opened and copy any notes that I may have made on the 2012 version over to the 2013 (which I had to install again) - still scratching my head but then again it has been a busy day and I am getting older - thank you for your patience iMatt !!!!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  12. iMatt

You can install both the bi12_E and the nwt-E side-by-side no problem. Any notes you have will be against the version - so if you added the notes against the bi12, they will not suddenly appear inside the nwt-E. But it sounds like you worked that out already :)

13. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

is the name of the xhtml file that Equipd recognizes. I will include the intro into others versions

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015