Note Taking App For Interactive Convention Program

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Barbara, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Barbara

Barbara New Member

Is there an app that interfaces with Equipd for taking Convention notes using the program?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by iMatt, Mar 23, 2016
  3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hi @Barbara - it is easy to use any notes app with the Equipd Bible - just look up the scripture in Equipd, hit the Copy button and then paste the scripture straight into your notes app. The pasted note will include the full scripture reference.

For e.g. if you look up Matt 24:13,14 and then paste the note it will look like this...
    In terms of a note-taking app that integrates at a more advanced level, many users have been taking notes in an app called Editorial - you can read more about how they are doing this in the "Tips & Tricks" forum here: http://www.equipd.me/forums/threads/automating-equipd-from-editorial.46/

I will move this topic to the General Questions forum, as this is not an idea for the Equipd Bible itself but rather targeting 3rd party external note taking apps. The Equipd Bible in itself will never include general note taking features - that is not its purpose in life. But the app does already provide all the tools and integration points for external apps to hook into.

Hope that helps.

4. Barbara

Barbara New Member

Thanks!
    I'll give that app a try...

5. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

Take the RTF, not the PDF file on jw.org. And copy and paste in the App.

6. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

I'll probably use this. I share :
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8xsmjdfmjy3ucf1/AABFHFGWl3hU4smR6RVmv6mta?dl=0

Divided by session (AM and PM).
    I added the songs in Russian on WOL. There is internet at the place of my regional convention. :) You came change if for English (http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/21202).

When I add a verse in my notes, I use the tool that Jonathan did for make the link to Equipd. I put hour like this [hour] to do not have problem after the Workflow. Same think for [song] or any other number. IMG_1748.PNG IMG_1746.PNG

And after you finish taking notes, I like the window "preview". (With slid right to left)

I made some corrections since I post the link. :) Add the verse of the day.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  7. niall

niall New Member

I've given up using Editorial due to lack of split view support. Pity, as it was a great app.

I used Matcha for a while, but I was getting the occasional glitch that wiped out half the text in my notes.

Now I use Scrivener. It has a variety of text formatting options and can handle links, footnotes, etc. I run Equiped on one side of the screen, and Scrivener on the other. I also use Scrivener on my Mac and can sync my notes between the two.

• Informative x 1
    • List