Fixed - 1.1.0 Not copying all text

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by niall, Jun 27, 2015.

1. niall

niall New Member

I love the feature where you can add a note to a scripture, especially where you enclose a word or phrase in quotation marks and it then links those words or phrases when viewing the text. But, if you copy the scripture and then past it to a note file, the words enclosed in quotation marks is missing.

1. Navigate to Matthew 24:14.
    2. Tap the verse number and enter - This is God's "Kingdom"
    3. Close the note window and see that the word Kingdom is now underlined.
    4. Tap the copy scripture icon.
    5. Past the scripture into any text app and you'll see that it will be missing the word "Kingdom".
    This happens on my iPhone 6+ and my iPad Air 2, both running the latest iOS.

Otherwise, I love this app and look forward to using it in Field Service as much as I did the previous app.

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Oops! Good find!!! I will make sure this is fixed in the next update!

3. anthony72

anthony72 New Member

copy and paste text from situated outside the app does not work

4. iMatt

Can you please explain this? It seems to be working just fine.

Maybe explain step-by-step what you are doing and expecting to see happen...

5. anthony72

anthony72 New Member

sorry for my bad english
    copy and paste is not possible for text in the clipboard.
    for example, if you copy text from WOL you can not stick it in the notes

6. iMatt

Sure you can. Works just fine. See attached screenshots.

Also remember that Copy and Paste are features of iOS - not the app. So any issues you personally are having with copying text from an external website like WOL into a text field in the Equipd Bible cannot be caused by the app.

image.jpg image.jpg

7. Shunda

Shunda New Member

My copy and paste is not working either.

8. iMatt

Hi Shunda. As mentioned earlier in this thread - Copy and Paste is not a feature of this app. It is part of iOS from Apple.

Also as a side point ever since iOS 9 came out, sometimes the first attempt to select a word does not work. Just try again, and the black menu with the "Copy" option should appear in this case.

But overall just saying that "Copy and Paste is not working" is not something that I can help you with. Maybe get help from another iOS user who can help explain things.

Just to cover off this topic fully...

If you want to learn how to Copy and Paste text in iOS here is a video that might help.

If what you actually mean is that you sometimes cannot copy text specifically out of the verses box in the side-by-side Bible view - this can happen if the verse is quite small and the box is thus small. Trying to "select" text in the smaller verses box will not work as it will not allow you to select anything. This is an iOS issue. You just need to do anything to make the verses box bigger - select another verse to expand the amount of text in box, or make the font size larger perhaps. Either way, once the box gets bigger and has more content then you will suddenly be able to select text in the verses box. Anyway this is a very specific scenario that nobody in this thread has mentioned so far, but I am just covering it off as part of this response. Apart from this one very specific situation, general "Copy and Paste" functionality works perfectly inside the app.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016