Done - 2.0 Improve the Search Options

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by iMatt, Jun 23, 2015.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

At the moment the Bible search takes a number of seconds to run, especially on older devices. And the more results found the longer it takes as it must add them to the table one-by-one.

Version one of the search tool is manually looping through each chapter of the Bible and displaying verses that contain the search word(s).

In the future I plan to add an indexer to speed up the performance of the searches significantly.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Carlos

Carlos Member

Faster search would be a great addition. I love the fact that we are not limited to search for selected words in an index but it is a full text search. I would however like to see the ability to search within a range if possible. Thanks for the great app. Attaching notes to the verses and the underlining made the difference why I am using this app. So the option of searching the bible including or excluding the text added in the annotations would be a great plus for me.

3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

The next version of the Equipd Bible app will include search options where you can define ranges of books to include in the search. By reducing the books included in the search the speed increases drastically.

You can also turn "Partial Word Matches" on or off. Searching for "word" with Partial Matching on will include "sword" in the results for example.

The "Group Words in Phrase" is about exact matching if you have multiple words being search for. For example searching for "tax collectors and sinners" with the this setting off will also match "sinners and tax collectors". Turning on "Group Words in Phrase" will only match the exact phrase "tax collectors and sinners".

Simulator Screen Shot 1.03.2016, 1.17.48 PM.png

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016