Generate EPUB with Furigana

Discussion in 'Technical Questions' started by Tim Knapp, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Tim Knapp

Tim Knapp New Member

Hi Matt,

Love the new app! How can an EPUB be made from a PDF Bible which is available from jw.org? My specific need is to have the PDF version of the Japanese Bible [1] as an EPUB file as only this version contains the furigana above the Chinese characters to tell you the pronunciation. WOL doesn't include this.

Thanks,
    Tim

[1] http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/?contentLanguageFilter=ja

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by iMatt, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

4. Tim Knapp

Tim Knapp New Member

Problem is that version is characters only, no hiragana above the kanji to tell you the correct pronunciation.

5. Tim Knapp

Tim Knapp New Member

Ok - I think I'm getting closer to a solution that can produce a Japanese NWT ePub with furigana. This forum thread indicates how to do it manually using Chrome. But the caveat would be that the Bible needs to be published to the web first and then have the furigana converter run over it and then be converted to an ePub. Any suggestions anyone?

6. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Best Answer
    For the benefit of others - I am currently looking into automated generation of Furigana and Romaji for Japanese EPUBs - similar to how the Pinyin etc is generated. I have already contacted Tim offline about this and we will see where it takes us...

7. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Japanese Furigana and Romaji support added in version 3.0 coming soon. Read more about this feature here.