Done - 3.0 Bible Reading Schedules

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by iMatt, Jun 23, 2015.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

It would be handy if the app could include a basic Bible Reading Scheduler, where users can choose a schedule, activate it starting on a specific date, and then check off each chapter as it is read. The scheduler should show if they are behind, and optionally start prompting users to keep up.

Out of pure curiosity I added a poll to this thread to influence how much of a priority this is given, and how in-depth I would go developing such an enhancement.

2. Kim Ezra

Kim Ezra New Member

Bible reading is my priority. To be honest, I am using an reading schedule app for android because it offers better scheduling. So I check my android phone for the schedule then read on my iPad via iBooks since I highlight and take notes. Since the new Equipd Bible app also has the highlight and notes capability, the only missing now is the Bible reading scheduler so I can just use 1 app when doing daily Bible reading. This feature would be great.

3. Bohemian

Bohemian Member

I am using the Bible ReadingSchedule from jw.org which opens in adobe (my choice). I then have to open a Bible app to read the chapters. It would be useful to have both in the same app.

4. Roy M

Roy M New Member

I use a separate Bible reading scheduler which links to and opens up Equipd Bible for me to read the chapters. I would appreciate if the scheduler was built into the app. This would save me opening another app that takes me back to Equipd Bible.

5. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

If you want some ideas : App ESV Bible work well for reading schedules
    The schedule for the Final Week of Jesus’ Life on Earth
    and
    Chronologically could be super also

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  6. iMatt

I am pleased to announce that this feature will be in the next update.

You can read more about this new feature and see screenshots in the Announcements forum here.

7. iMatt

8. Tina Little

Tina Little New Member

I recently acquired this app and was excited to get started with this. I started the chronological reading Feb 1st of this year. I’ve tried changing the start date to that date, however it changes it back to the current date. It would be nice to be able to back date for ones who have been on a program that are new to this program. Possibly I’m missing something & that’s an option?

9. darylpro

darylpro New Member

Please see if this post answers your question.

10. Tina Little

Tina Little New Member

Thank you! That fixed it of course.