2 Bibles With Multiple Verses Side-by-side (left and right)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Lynn, May 22, 2016.

1. Lynn

Lynn New Member

My husband has an Android app where he picks a Bible book, chapter, and verse. Then in landscape view, there appears the English new version NWT on the left and the Spanish NWT on the right, both sides showing multiple verses from each with the selected verse highlighted. Is such a thing possible with IOS Equipd? Thank you, Lynn

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by iMatt, May 22, 2016
  3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hi @Lynn ,

There are many layouts possible in Equipd Bible, but not quite this one sorry. You can have multiple verses selected and have them showing side-by-side down the page - but not next to each other with one on the left or one on the right. The reason is that Equipd Bible is not limiting the number of Bibles to just 2 - you can have as many as you like side-by-side. And each Bible in the side-by-side view gets a button menu allowing a number of options and tools for each Bible ready to go.

For example when in the Chinese field I have English + Pinyin + Chinese Simplified + Chinese Traditional Bibles next to each other.

When in the English field I have the English NWT + King James Version with Strongs Concordance + Chinese Pinyin ready to go.

Also if you jump from the side-by-side view into the fullscreen Chapter window, then it will show the full chapter with the multiple selected verses highlighted, and you can just double-tap on the left or right of the screen to move between your different Bibles in the Chapter window.

If there was a strong demand from users for the layout you describe I might be tempted to make this an option. But it would be a lot of work. And over the past 4 years that I have used this Bible layout in the older Equipd and now the Equipd Bible I have had nobody ask for that layout. The current layout options seem to cover most requirements.

Anyway I hope that clarifies things for you.