Create Link to videos

Discussion in 'Technical Questions' started by Debbie Kling, Apr 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Debbie Kling

Debbie Kling New Member

I am working on a Chronological Bible reading schedule using “Numbers” on my iPad and linking to Equipd Bible (thank you Matt!) I would like to add a link to the “Introduction to Job” etc, so that I can watch the video before starting the reading. I can do it if I link to the online one at tv.jw.org but I would like to link to the ones that I already have downloaded in JW Library. I can get as far as the “home” page but do not know how to get the rest of the way to the actual videos. Any suggestions will certainly be appreciated.

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

It cannot be done sorry Debbie. The linking to content inside the Equipd Bible app is made possible by the URL Scheme that I have made available: http://www.equipd.me/kb/url-scheme/

But there currently is no such thing for the JW Library app. You will need to link to the online videos sorry.

3. Debbie Kling

Debbie Kling New Member

Is there a way to link to the videos if I download them into another app on my iPad?

4. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi Debbie. To link to content inside an app, that app needs to expose what is called a "URL Scheme" - a way to link to that specific video, inside that specific app. Once you have found an app that does it, and how to create a working link, then sure you can try to put that link into a note inside Equipd Bible and see if it works. So it is not really about the Bible app, it is mainly about the Video app. Hope that makes sense.