iOS 11 Split Screen

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Matthew Stanley, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Matthew Stanley

Matthew Stanley New Member

Hi Matt et al

I know this is a very broad question, but what can be achieved using Equipd Bible in split screen mode in iOS 11? Is there anything that can’t be done between say IOS Notes and Equipd Bible?

Many thanks - Matt

2. Best Answer:
    Post #7 by iMatt, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Matthew Stanley

....maybe I can put it another way.

I would like to have my iPad running in split screen mode - on one side I would like iOS Notes running, showing a talk outline containing URL links for scriptures in Equipd and, on the other side, I would like Equipd to be open and automatically looking up the scriptures as I select the URL links in my talk outline.

Is that possible, as I don’t seem to be able to get it to work - maybe it isn’t possible, or I’m doing something wrong.....?

4. L. Smith

L. Smith New Member

I have the older Equipd, with the day text, etc. will it continue into next year or is that version to be deleted?

5. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

This forum is about the Bible app. The Equipd app is still working fine for existing users. The Daily Text for 2018 should start loading once you actually hit 2018.

6. iMatt

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

The issue is that the "trigger" for the lookup doesn't seem to kick into action when you click the link in Notes while in Split View. If you were not using Split View you would see the link works fine. The reason is that the Equipd Bible app is detecting the incoming link when the app "resumes". But while in Split View the "resume" is never triggered.

But it is possible to trigger the "resume" action manually.

1. Click the scripture link in Notes
    2. Grab the Split View handle and quickly move it just a little - "wriggle it" for lack of a better description

When you let go of the handle, Equipd Bible should detect the "resume" action and lookup the scripture for you.

I hope that makes sense? Have a go and see if you can work out what I mean...

7. Matthew Stanley

Hi Matt
    Thanks so much for getting back to me on this. I’ve done as you’ve suggested and ‘wriggled’ the split view handle and the links work as I’d hoped.
    Thanks for resolving this for me - most helpful on the platform.
    Thanks for all your continued hard work.
    Christian love
    Matt

8. iMatt

Best Answer
    @Matthew Stanley version 3.5 was just approved by Apple. I am hoping this significantly improves the experience with scripture links in split view - hopefully you don't need to "wriggle" the split view handle any more. Please let me know :)