Duplicate Backup the cache

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Knard, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Knard

Knard New Member

Hi...
    I would like to backup the bibles. I downloaded a few bibles.... And unfortunately when you change your iPad, even if you have saved the app, you lose everything.
    I have the same problem with the other equipd app : impossible to save the cache....
    That s very pity.
    Thank you for your answer.... And we'll done for your very nice work......
    Seb

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi Seb,

You can already use iTunes File Sharing to download the epub files from the device to your computer, and then to restore the files to a new iPad by putting the files back again using iTunes.

The only thing this does not work well with yet is the audio MP3 files, but should work fine for everything else.

Do you know what I am talking about when I refer to "iTunes File Sharing"?

Matthew

3. Knard

Knard New Member

Hi Matthew,
    Thanks for your answer.
    I've found what is the "itunes file sharing".... But I can't find how it work to save files downloaded in the equipd app !
    When I go through it I only see to files : Inbox (0Ko) and User (4,5Mo). None of these files contain my epubs downloaded....
    So what do you suggest to save the backup ?

Sorry, update :
    For "equipd Bible" : Yest I see a epub folder which i should be able to save ! Perfect for the bibles. But how do you save it. When I drop it to my desk or a folder (windows 7) nothing happens.
    What about the the epuipd app (first one) ? Nothing for for former version od equipd which is my main concern (it is more important to save all (!) the publications then just 3 Bibles...) ???

Thank you for your help.
    Seb

4. iMatt

Hi Seb,

This forum is for the new Equipd Bible app only - it does not related to the older Equipd app that is no longer available on the App Store. My answer is also only relevant to the Equipd Bible app.

When you see the "epub" folder and click the "Save to" option in iTunes, then my task is done. If nothing happens then I cannot explain why sorry, but it will be some issue beyond my control. As the app developer I have exposed the folder to iTunes File Sharing - the rest is up to iTunes and your OS.

As for the older Equipd, there is no way for you to backup the cache. Any more questions on this topic specifically please email support@equipd.me.

All the best,

Matthew

5. DvD

DvD Member

If I understand it correctly - with the iOS 11 update you can no longer backup apps on iTunes - is there a way that you can backup everything that is on an iPad or iPhone so that when a device is replaced it obviates the need to download already downloaded and installed stuff(?)- from my experience iCloud does not backup everything - hope I am being understandable

6. iMatt

@DvD I think you are referring more to the change in iTunes 12.7 where the management of Apps has been removed. Is that correct?

However you can still use iTunes File Sharing in iTunes 12.7 to transfer files to or from Equipd Bible on the device. Please see here:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8064699?start=0&tstart=0

Does that answer your question or have I misunderstood?

7. DvD

DvD Member

Thank you Matt I will have a look and play with it and see how it goes. Thank you for quick response.