Done - 3.0 Navigate EPUB Table of Contents

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by iMatt, May 4, 2016.

1. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Although the Equipd Bible app is not intended to replicate the functionality of a standard ebook reader, it would be nice to be able to navigate the EPUB and thus get access to any additional content in the EPUB.

Stage 1 of this feature will be to access the Table of Contents of the users preferred Bible from the lookup window (alongside History, Bookmarks, Notes etc).

2. iMatt

This feature is already in development. Here is a preview...

Simulator Screen Shot 4.05.2016, 5.20.23 PM.png Simulator Screen Shot 4.05.2016, 5.20.27 PM.png

3. iMatt

Stage 2 complete - the EPUB contents can now be loaded from footnote links. See attached an example of a footnote that links to the Glossary topic of "Gehenna" and will auto-scroll to the topic...

Simulator Screen Shot 5.05.2016, 3.48.52 PM.png Simulator Screen Shot 5.05.2016, 3.48.57 PM.png

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

for every <a href= inside footnote?

5. iMatt

Theoretically yes @Gabriel. I am sure there are exceptions that won't work, but if you are using valid internal EPUB links in your files, then these should work fine.

6. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

I try first this new feature with nwt-CR. Work well. But after with the same verse but with nwt-E, the ahref of the glossary open the benning of Nwt-CR, not the glossary term in the NWT-E. look pic. After a select another verse. I go back and this time first in nwt-E. Now the problem is with nwt-CR.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  7. iMatt

Hi Gabriel.

Hmm yea the focus of Stage 1 is very much on the users Preferred Bible as mentioned...
    They cannot both be the Preferred Bible.

I will improve this in Stage 2 - which will be the next version...

8. Gabriel

Gabriel Active Member

Stage 2 - footnote links - this happens when both are not the favorite bible. In others words, Equipd tries to open the glossary link in the already used file "glossary" to open same next word in for the selected verse (still the active selection). This is a minor problem. Because when I select another verse and I come back to the previous verse, Equipd did not keep this information in memory.

9. iMatt

I have fixed this issue for the next update @Gabriel. As a side note, this probably should have been raised as a new bug report.