Rbi8 Reference Bible

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DvD, Jul 2, 2015.

1. DvD

DvD Member

How can I load the Reference Bible onto the Equipd Bible app? I may just be getting old but I can't seem to locate it on JW.ORG - thank you

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by iMatt, Jul 2, 2015
  3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Best Answer
    The Reference Bible is simply a larger version of the 1984 Edition with a few extra features. The content of the verses is exactly the same.

Released in print in 1984:
    Black Cover NWT - English (bi12)
    Larger Brown Cover NWT - English (Rbi8)

They are the same Bible - one is just larger than the other and has a few enhancements.

The EPUB for the 1984 version is on the same download page as the EPUB for the latest NWT 2013 Revision on JW.org. There is no EPUB or PDF of the larger Rbi8 available on JW.org.

4. DvD

DvD Member

Thank you

5. Carlos

Carlos Member

Is there any way to package the Rbi8 html files into an epub format supported by equipd? I have been thinking on writing a tool to do that but don't want to reinvent the wheel if something already exists.

I am enjoying much using equipd and its features and can't wait to see what will come in the future of the app.

Thanks;

CD

6. David Lim

David Lim New Member

Hi.. I am waiting for this feature in Equipd Bible for long and I haven't got any good news yet.
    Because of this, I still come and go between Equipd and Equipd Bible.

Would you please take a look and reflect in Equipd Bible because the footnotes information in Rbi8 is so useful for my personal Bible study?

Thank you for your consideration.

Your brother,
    David

7. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Hi @David Lim,

My understanding is that you are waiting for the Rbi8 to appear with footnotes? The Rbi8 would need to be released on JW.org in EPUB format, with footnotes, which at this stage I doubt it will ever be.

As mentioned in the comment you quoted, the bi12 EPUB is the same Bible content as the Rbi8. It just does not have the footnotes.

The newer NWT 2013 Revision EPUB does already include Footnotes. And they are just as useful.

So ... you can already load the NWT 2013 Revision and the bi12.epub (which is the equivalent of the Rbi8) into the Equipd Bible app and compare them side-by-side.

It will never be the same as the older Equipd app which was loading content from WOL, not from EPUB files. Totally different. Anyway I hope that clarifies things. I don't want you to sit waiting for something that will not likely ever happen.